The sudden Aljo ‘GOAT’ chat lol…

I think prime TJ Dillashaw was the best fighter we've seen at BW, but Cruz is the most accomplished and BW GOAT

Cruz only lost to garbrandt after injuries including a torn quad, torn groin, two torn acls, a broken hand, multiple multiple year layoffs, plus tendinitis in both feet during the fight. Comes back 3 years later on short notice, suffering a broken arm and torn shoulder ligaments in the meantime, loses to cejudo, two wins then at 37 with a shot chin gets finished by vera

I will argue this for eternity

cruz got head kicked. Not sure where youre getting shot chin?

Cruz is kind of hard to compare because they didn't have rankings pre-2013 and half of his career is in the WEC, but just for comp (please feel free to correct me or add to list) ->

Dom Cruz
(UFC / Fight Matrix)
UFC Ranked wins -

(C / 1) Dillashaw
(8 / 9) Munhoz
(2 / 3) Faber III
(6 / 6) Mizugaki

Fair to say we can also include as legit UFC wins -
(3) Faber II
(7) Demetrious Johnson

Notable WEC wins -
(2) Benavidez II
(5) Benavidez I
(4) Bowles
(5) Jorgenson

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aljamain Sterling
(UFC / Fight Matrix)
UFC Ranked wins -

(2 / 6) Dillashaw
(IC / 1) Yan II
(C / 1) Yan I
(4 / 7) Sandhagen
(4 / 3) Munhoz
(5 / 7) Rivera
(10 / 20) Stamann
(14 / 14) Johns
(10 / 20) Eduardo
(6 / 12) Mizugaki

Fair to say we can also include as legit UFC wins -
(Lineal C - BW / Retired 1) Cejudo
(14 FTW / 15 FTW) Barao
Wow the only poster to come in with facts and no one wants to engage with this post.

Sherdogger is filled with emotional mma fans.

If this is the angle, then what you’re indirectly saying is that Bantamweight doesn’t have a GOAT.

If Aljo is the BW GOAT, then what we are saying is the division is too young to have a GOAT.

Barao had like 1 loss in like 40 fights.

Yan is just as good as Aljo.

Sandhagen was stopped by Aljo, but probably has a deeper, more impressive resume.

Cruz was the unanimous GOAT for years. He got old and hobbled, starts to lose fights like every other GOAT, now he’s a fraud lol.

Dillashaw has a brilliant resume with 2 KO stoppages over Barao. Also stopped Cody twice.

Cejudo has a very short resume, but is darn impressive. If one more judge scores him that fight, he now has a W over Aljo.

With all this context, how the hell is he the GOAT lol?
You did a whole lot of falsifying to minimize Aljo’s record. For one thing Cejudo lost period. There is no if. There was no robbery. He lost period. Yan is not just as good as Aljo and that is hate being as he cannot beat Aljo and his resume doesn’t match Aljo. You literally pulled that out of your ass. Not a single person had TJ division GOAT before today. Being you made up all of your other points I am sure this is more of the same

It means you can no longer take a punch. Which has never been the case with dom.
He got dropped by garbrandt multiple times, finished by cejudo, dropped by casey kenney, dropped twice by munhoz, dropped and later finished by vera

Youre conflating things in order to try and make your point. Getting dropped does not equal your chin being shot.

Back