Movies The Super Mario Bros. Movie Trailer

The movie was visually great, everything else was just ok. The main thing I didn't like was the soundtrack, so many times they could have plucked from the games and they chose overused movie song A and B.
See I liked the songs they chose. I noticed a couple older 80s songs and that was enough to make me happy lol.

I didn’t understand the nihilistic blue flame creature in the cage. Is that from some other Nintendo game, because I didn’t recognize it.

The movie was visually great, everything else was just ok. The main thing I didn't like was the soundtrack, so many times they could have plucked from the games and they chose overused movie song A and B.
This is pretty much how I felt about it. It looked amazing. But overall I thought the movie was just ok. It had some cute moments but it wasn’t as funny as I thought it would be.

My 6 yr old son was out loud cheering for Mario at that end scene. He got the other kids in the theatre riled up too. We had a great time.

I didn’t understand the nihilistic blue flame creature in the cage. Is that from some other Nintendo game, because I didn’t recognize it.
Wasn’t that one of the stars from Mario Galaxy? I can’t really remember.

It was great! They had bits from pretty much every mainline Mario Game (including Luigi's Mansion), tons and tons of Easter Eggs and cameos, the visuals were great.
Of course the dialogue and plot is made for kids, but if you just allow yourself to kick back and pretend you're a kid again, it's a ton of fun.
If this came out in 1998 I woulda shit my 9 year old shorts!

This movie is quietly going on to become one of the biggest box office hits of all time
No one saw that coming

I feel like modern PC culture insisted that Peach be a strong, independent character, rather than a damsel in distress. I think swapping Luigi into that role actually made for a much, much better story and really magnified the emotional weight of the brothers teaming up for the climax.
I really enjoyed it. They fully committed and went all in on staying true to the spirit of the games. If this was any other adaptation, you would have gotten maybe a blue shell bumper sticker on the baddie's car as a wink wink and some sarcastic comment like, "What do you think this is, a rainbow road?" But here, they gave it all. Mario characters on Mario Karts (complete with anti-grav wheels) on a real track. They believed in the source material, and it showed.

Last edited:
Back