The tapping to strikes argument

I didn't see a tap? Looks more like a work to me. He put his arms and legs up to defend, Herb stops it, then he grabs his leg .

What do you mean it looks more like a work?

How often do you see a fighter drop to the ground from a inside leg kick that wasn’t thrown with power screaming putting his hands and legs up in a defensive position?

It’s the equivalent of turning your back covering up.

It’s clear he gave up. Herb saw it

I didn't see a tap? Looks more like a work to me. He put his arms and legs up to defend, Herb stops it, then he grabs his leg .
What do you call this?

FatLastAmphibian-size_restricted.gif

That's an old man F'ing up his leg, he didn't even tap.

That's an old man F'ing up his leg, he didn't even tap.

Except he didn’t even have an injury. He didn’t tap but essentially did since he dropped to the ground in a defensive manner putting his hands and legs up screaming

What do you mean it looks more like a work?

How often do you see a fighter drop to the ground from a inside leg kick that wasn’t thrown with power screaming putting his hands and legs up in a defensive position?

It’s the equivalent of turning your back cover up.

It’s clear he gave up. Herb saw it

Where's the tap? His instinct was to defend first, then he grabbed his leg once the ref stopped it.

Except he didn’t even have an injury. He didn’t tap but essentially did since he dropped to the ground in a defensive manner putting his hands and legs up screaming

He got wrecked but he didn't tap. This happens all the time, plus I don't think he has fought since he messed up his leg.

Where's the tap? His instinct was to defend first, then he grabbed his leg once the ref stopped it.

His instinct was to drop on the ground from an inside leg kick and put his hands and legs up in a defensive position because he wanted out and Herb saw this

I vaguely remember a fighter, maybe Chuck Liddell, mocking another fighter because of this. Maybe the origin of the "shame" are the fighters' own opinions of it.

Does anyone recall any quotes about this from MMA fighters?
He was mocking Tito because some french fighter quit and Tito was saying you don't quit in this game or some bs like that.

He got wrecked but he didn't tap. This happens all the time, plus I don't think he has fought since he messed up his leg.

He didn’t get wrecked. It happens all the time where you see a fighter get TKO’d from an inside leg kick like that?

His leg wasn’t messed up.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ligament-injury-physical-therapy-ufc-237-loss

The truth is, he quit because he had flashbacks of breaking his leg. Even though in this fight it was the other leg

His instinct was to drop on the ground from an inside leg kick and put his hands and legs up in a defensive position because he wanted out and Herb saw this

He didn't even go down from the leg kick. His knee buckled when he went to replant his foot, then he goes down, then he defends, fight is stopped, then he grabs his knee. No tap.

Where's the tap?

That's cool bro, I didn't know you were his doctor.

Lol at being in denial when I posted a link which cleared him of any injury. I guess you are his personal doctor

Lol at being in denial when I posted a link which cleared him of any injury. I guess you are his personal doctor

Are you trying to get me to give you an exam?

He didn't even go down from the leg kick. His knee buckled when he went to replant his foot, then he goes down, then he defends, fight is stopped, then he grabs his knee. No tap.

Where's the tap?

Where is his knee buckling?

His leg didn’t even change direction

He fell down, put his hands and feet in a defensive position screaming so Herb stopped the fight.

I guess there's this perception that fighters are supposed to be alpha male gladiators and tapping would be a sign of weakness, when in reality they're just people like you who have families, bills, responsibilities and this is simply their career, and they don't want to suffer permanent injury/brain damage. It's just a job at the end of the day, there's a few crazy fighters who legitimately want to "go out on their shield" but most people are not going to willingly endure more brain damage than necessary so there's nothing wrong with tapping when you're in a losing position i.e caught in a sub with no escape or concussed and about to be slept.

Where is his knee buckling?

His leg didn’t even change direction

He fell down, put his hands and feet in a defensive position screaming so Herb stopped the fight.

Nothing weird with how his leg landed? Did he go down from the kick? Why didn't he fall down immediately?

Where's the tap or the screaming?

Back