Movies The Terminator is better than T2: Judgement Day

I tend to lean more towards T1 simply because the plot of using time travel for this purpose (and all the philosophical mind bending questions that come with it) are introduced to us in this one.

Loved both of ‘em. But after rewatching then and thinking on the movies… plus having more experience.

T1 has the following over T2;

- Better villain
- better soundtrack
- better tone (gritty, less hollywoodian)
- better pacing
- no Edward furlong
- shot with far less money
- more original
- more influential
- Arnie's far better here

I love T2 still, but for me t1 is a clear winner, it can also work as a thriller/horror film and a standalone film. It really fired in all cilinders, humanity vs technology done properly.

Only thing T2 wins is action and special effects, and even then.. T1 got the police and car chase which are both insanely impressive.

100% agree

Did they ever mention why they didn't just send the T-1000 the first time, or why they decided when designing a robot that blends in perfectly, they decided to make it a 6'3 Mr. Olympia with a brutally heavy accent that nobody ever mentioned? It seems like "oh, there was a gigantic world champion bodybuilder with a crazy German accent" would help narrow things down a little quicker than "big guy on a bike". And he obviously had the ability to mimic voices, so why was a heavy German accent the default setting on the robot that's supposed to blend in?

Last edited:
No way. Both awesome but T2 is the ultimate blockbuster action film bro. The soundtrack hasn't held up well though.

Agree. T2 kind of dragged as it reached the last third of the movie.

You raise some good points but i'd have to disagree.

Reasons:

- T2 is straight up a better movie

T1 was essentially a slasher movie with a twist while T2 is an action movie.
Different target markets so it depends which you prefer.

One other thing to be said is that T1 aged, where T2 hasn't. Alien compared to Aliens also but clearly less.

Source : different girls I made watch the movies (to me they are all 10 and childhood classics)

aged maybe a it aesthetically due to lower budget and worse special effects but not overall.

Also, T1 and Alien are both far more influential and iconic, I prefer them.

T2 made me money, though. I got a nice commission selling a Windows media center with a Fujitsu plasma monitor. This guy was hellbent on watching his T2 DVD ROM in 1080p. This was back in 2003. This insane bastard dropped around 20 grand to watch a movie.

Mate; I rated T2 a 9/10, I love it.

I'm just saying I prefer T1 now.

aged maybe a it aesthetically due to lower budget and worse special effects but not overall.

Also, T1 and Alien are both far more influential and iconic, I prefer them.

I love them all. You can throw in the mix Predator 1&2.

predator 1 is great. Second is fun popcorn flick, guilty pleasure.

McTiernan overall has some good stuff: die hard 1 and 3, predator, last action hero, that brosnan flick and the Connery flick.

Predator 2 is good. Alien 3 also while we're at it.

Back