• The Terminator

• Star Wars Empire Strikes Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Terminator

View attachment 1044366

Star Wars Empire Strikes Back

View attachment 1044367

My pick: Terminator

No question. I'm in the minority that prefers the original star wars to the sequel, but even that loses to Terminator imo.

Every time that I re-watch The Terminator, I notice how frightened Sarah and the characters around her are. It's psychotic how close this movie is to being a horror movie.

Terminator 2 has a few horror elements in it, but it's nothing compared to this one.

Tough one. Empire Strikes Back is the best Star Wars movie and I would've voted it over Terminator ever since I've seen both. But...the longer I live and the more technology/AI I see becoming a part of modern society, it has made the Terminator series more relatable if not more of a horror film like the poster above stated. Terminator almost doesn't feel as Science-FICTION as it once did.

Reactions: HHJ
ESB just had way more bang for the buck. Its hard to find any movie that good.
Both are fire tho.

I'm a big Star Wars guy, but I have to give it to Teminator.

And like some others, I think the original Star Wars in better than ESB.

Rough call as I really enjoy both. Might have to give it to ESB as I re-watch the SW saga far more than the Terminator series. However on a one for one pick to watch I'd probably go T1.

<Neil01>

Terminator.

Never was a big SW fan. More of a Trek guy. ESB is still pretty darn good.

3jaE.gif

Can't compare. One is an adult sci fi horror, the other is a family friendly space opera. Both are phenomenal in their respective genres.

I have said this before. I saw Terminator in the theater as a kid. I have never seen anything that terrifying and amazing since. It blew my mind. People were putting their feet on the seats they were so afraid.
ESB was a HUGE part of my childhood. We lived it, got all the toys and acted out the scenes. It was epic.

They're both great and too different to compare. But if I had to choose, it would be empire strikes back.

Star Wars, but if it was against T2, then T2 wins hands down.

Back