The U.K.'s New 'Tempest' Stealth Fighter Project Already Faces Serious Challenges

It's inevitable we'll get on board eventually. There is a very slight chance that a 6th gen aircraft could replace our Super Hornets but realistically I think we'll need a replacement before a 6th gen option will be ready. An additional F35 order strikes me as more likely, with 6th gen eventually replacing the F35 itself.

It's inevitable we'll get on board eventually. There is a very slight chance that a 6th gen aircraft could replace our Super Hornets but realistically I think we'll need a replacement before a 6th gen option will be ready. An additional F35 order strikes me as more likely, with 6th gen eventually replacing the F35 itself.

meanwhile we await the arrival of some of your classic hornets <34>

meanwhile we await the arrival of some of your classic hornets <34>

Austrilia is getting P-8/Northrop Grumman MQ-4C Triton package. My issue is that the MQ-4C is not armed.

i feel like, AUS should have 2 types of aircraft or at least medium bombers.

Last edited:
MQ4C doesn't need to be armed - that's not its job. We'll have plenty of P8s and F35s for that.

As for us operating bombers... something would have to drastically change in the region for the govt to really consider it. Something like China setting up a military airbase/port nearby (Vanuatu, Timor, Fiji etc). Until then I'd say our current force planning ought to do just fine. We'll likely be keeping our Growlers until the USN fields a replacement so we'll still have 2 fighter types in service technically speaking.

Feel bad for the Canuks honestly. You guys were on track to get shiny new F35s like us until Trudeau started kicking the Hornet replacement ever further down the road. Our beaten up old Hornets won't be nearly as fun for the RCAF.

Last edited:
MQ4C doesn't need to be armed - that's not its job. We'll have plenty of P8s and F35s for that.

As for us operating bombers... something would have to drastically change in the region for the govt to really consider it. Something like China setting up a military airbase/port nearby (Vanuatu, Timor, Fiji etc). Until then I'd say our current force planning ought to do just fine. We'll likely be keeping our Growlers until the USN fields a replacement so we'll still have 2 fighter types in service technically speaking.

Feel bad for the Canuks honestly. You guys were on track to get shiny new F35s like us until Trudeau started kicking the Hornet replacement ever further down the road. Our beaten up old Hornets won't be nearly as fun for the RCAF.

Any plans to turn them into Block 3 variants? And i guess so, but you guys did operate F-111s (sucks these things were so damn good). lmao Fucking turdo, canada entire defense spending and military is an absolute joke

Any plans to turn them into Block 3 variants? And i guess so, but you guys did operate F-111s (sucks these things were so damn good). lmao Fucking turdo, canada entire defense spending and military is an absolute joke

Plan is to keep all our jets up to the latest standard the US uses. The exception to this is that the RAAF plan to replace the F/A18Fs late next decade. Super Hornets are great and all but F35 is another step up again (especially by then). I suspect we're more likely to buy new pimped out F35s than sink heaps of money into the Super Bugs.

F111 was great in its day but useless now. Massive RCS, obsolete self protection and sensor suite + growing maintenance costs and concerns. Everything has its time...

Plan is to keep all our jets up to the latest standard the US uses. The exception to this is that the RAAF plan to replace the F/A18Fs late next decade. Super Hornets are great and all but F35 is another step up again (especially by then). I suspect we're more likely to buy new pimped out F35s than sink heaps of money into the Super Bugs.

F111 was great in its day but useless now. Massive RCS, obsolete self protection and sensor suite + growing maintenance costs and concerns. Everything has its time...

its to bad our defense industry is semi retarded and dont follow up on some programs that would fill gaps. Dont guys get the best tech for your weapons from us? or do we still save the best for ourselves

It's hard to generalise but my understanding is that the ADF gets access to a lot of sensitive US technology - possibly just as much as any other ally. We have cooperated on a lot of cutting edge things like Growler, NGJ, ADCAP torpedoes, various submarine technologies, AESA radars... the list goes on. That said I have no doubt there are some things the US simply will not share with anyone.

It's hard to generalise but my understanding is that the ADF gets access to a lot of sensitive US technology - possibly just as much as any other ally. We have cooperated on a lot of cutting edge things like Growler, NGJ, ADCAP torpedoes, various submarine technologies, AESA radars... the list goes on. That said I have no doubt there are some things the US simply will not share with anyone.

i dont know, i thought there might be a higher level of sharing with the UK/AUS/NZ/US alliance.

im pretty sure you guys are developing hyper-sonics with us in the outback. And the rumored the B-21 is being build out there

Oh there definitely is. I mean the ADF as a whole is heavily oriented towards interoperability with US systems. The RAAF is broadly modelled off a USN carrier's complement of aircraft, the Army closely mimics the USMC and the RAN is constantly working with the USN.

Put simply, I imagine the technology we don't share with each other is the technology we don't share with anyone. Can't speak for the Kiwis mind you - they've been more interested in playing rugby than maintaining a real military for the last 20+ years.

Last edited:
Back