The UFC hasn't produced a star in over 5 years.

Oris79

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jones joined the UFC in August of 2008
Izzy joined the UFC in Feb 2018.

These two really are the only champs with any drawing power. I know your purists are gonna tout how awesome the likes of Islam and Volk are, but these guys aren't draws. It's really a tragedy what's happened to the UFC. Dana and company pushed the brand over the fighters and the end result is this saturated brand that no one is lining up at Buffalo Wild Wings to go see as they did 2015 and before.

Both Conor and Rhonda ae not the greatest fighters of all time......but both have damn well not been replaced when it comes to absolute starpower. Both of them are large reasons why the UFC has broken into mainstream entertainment.....like them or hate them, it is a fact. They both had that "It" factor about them in different ways.

Love or Hate Him...

They still line up to see Conor...

Both Conor and Rhonda ae not the greatest fighters of all time......but both have damn well not been replaced when it comes to absolute starpower. Both of them are large reasons why the UFC has broken into mainstream entertainment.....like them or hate them, it is a fact.

Yeah, but Conor and Ronda started well over five years ago in the company. I'm saying they haven't produced an international star in over five years.

Paddy the Baddy is a star

No, he's really not. He's not Conor's level or even Izzy's.

Yeah, but Conor and Ronda started well over five years ago in the company. I'm saying they haven't produced an international star in over 5 years
Sherdoggers have some serious reading comprehension issues.

These two really are the only champs with any drawing power. I know your purists are gonna tout how awesome the likes of Islam and Volk are, but these guys aren't draws. It's really a tragedy what's happened to the UFC. Dana and company pushed the brand over the fighters and the end result is this saturated brand that no one is lining up at Buffalo Wild Wings to go see as they did 2015 and before.

Last time i checked this was fighting..

Not star building lol ..

WWE fans for you....

How do you determine when a star is produced? Jon joined in 2008, but he was far from a real star when he joined.

lolllll ok buddy go watch some youtube boxing... tons of your favorite stars

This is the type of cynical dismissive post that annoys the hell out of me. Stars are a vital part of the sports and entertainment industry. The UFC isn't producing any draws. Instead of being a butt hurt cheer leader for the UFC, why not acknowledge things it needs to do to remain popular ?

The glory days when we had Liddell, Arlovski, Couture, Tito, Anderson Silva, etc., all stars who transcended fighting, will probably never come around again. I think a big part of this is that most of the top successful fighters have become very homogeneous in their fighting styles. Everyone felt much more unique to watch back in the day. Just a byproduct of the evolution of the game.

(They can never take away my DVD collection)

I'd strongly argue that Ronda and Conor ae the only two UFC athletes that have ever transcended the sport with their popularity. Guys like GSP and Silva are absolute stars in my eyes ......but I'd know plenty of people In Australia who would have never heard of GSP or Silva. Most people in Australia would know about Ronda and Conor in some capacity. I think less people in Australia would have heard of Volk than Conor / Ronda.

Back