Media The UFC Heavyweight Division By FAR Worst Male Division in Entire UFC

I'm actually a 5'8 165 manlet, so there.

Yeh, the HWS have got the ability to do that, but they don't do it all that often. For every big KO, we get like 5 HW fights where they tire out in 0.5 rounds and then just sorta slob around the octagon for the rest of the fight.

Who are these tough opponents that Spivak and Jailton have fought? Spivak being in there against Tom means nothing. He looked like the can he is. He got to fight him because the division is weak as piss. Looked like a can against Gane too. He's only beaten cans. Same deal with Jailton. Fought cans. People thought he was some grappling god because he literally laid on Lewis for 5 rounds, and Lewis has absolutely zero grappling. What an achievement. Then his shit-tier grappling got exposed by Blaydes.

And yeh, Rosa vs Aldana was amazing, but hey, if you think the Brazilian Blanket Jailton literally laying on fat, lazy no wrestling slob Lewis is entertainment, then I'm happy for you, because that's the sort of shit the UFC love to put on for main events.
Hes just trolling man. Learned it myself.

It's the worst division period, and it's not even close.

There's like 3 good guys, and the rest are just sloppy, unathletic bums with fuck all skill that the UFC put high up in cards just because of their size.
BS. List of HW guys who aren’t fat and are actually very skilled:

Jones
Aspinall
Stipe
Gane
Blaydes
Pavlovich
Volkov
Almeida
Tybura
Rozenstruick

So that’s at least 10 good fighters right there. Then you have Lewis, who can KO anyone in the world and can never be written off. Then we also have some interesting prospects coming up in Robelis.

Jones
Aspinall
Stipe
Gane
Blaydes
Pavlovich
Volkov
Almeida
Tybura
Rozenstruick

So that’s at least 10 good fighters right there. Then you have Lewis, who can KO anyone in the world and can never be written off. Then we also have some interesting prospects coming up in Robelis.

When cans fight cans, they just look skilled relative to each other.

There's a couple of good guys on that list, but even then we don't really know about Jones. Dude has only fought a one-dimensional striker who has terrible grappling.

And don't bring up Lewis. The dude is nothing but big power and little skill. The reason that someone like him can not only survive in the division but fight for belts says everything about how HW works.

Robelis the only HW I give a shit about watching at this stage.

When cans fight cans, they just look skilled relative to each other.

There's a couple of good guys on that list, but even then we don't really know about Jones. Dude has only fought a one-dimensional striker who has terrible grappling.

And don't bring up Lewis. The dude is nothing but big power and little skill. The reason that someone like him can not only survive in the division but fight for belts says everything about how HW works.

Robelis the only HW I give a shit about watching at this stage.
Tell me you’re a hater without telling you’re a hater, lol.

Calling Jones and Stipe cans is rich.

Aldo guys like Aspinall, Pavlovich, Blaydes and Gane would plough through any generation of HW’s like through bunch of cans.

Even funnier is that Gane is somehow ranked #2 while his single biggest career win wasn't even top 5 (Volkov is #6).

Shows you his ranking is completely inflated SOLELY for the purpose of artificially pumping up Jones.

Jones
Aspinall
Stipe
Gane
Blaydes
Pavlovich
Volkov
Almeida
Tybura
Rozenstruick

Lol at listing Tybura and Rozenstruik as good fighters. Almeida is entirely one dimensional.

The two fights last night were horrific in what was otherwise a decent night of scraps.

I'm not saying the girls aren't bums or haven't beaten a lot of bums. That's not really the point.

There's bums in both divisions, but relatively, the WMMA girls are more well rounded than the HWs.

Lewis and Gane have fought for the belt, and yet neither of them can grapple. Lewis doesn't even have good striking. He just hits hard.

You say Rosa is a bum, but she's miles more skilled than Lewis is as both a striker and a striker. Aldana is no different. And they both strike better than someone like Jailton. The KO power difference doesn't change that.

Lewis and Gane got their shots because they fight in a piss weak division. A low level bum with Lewis's skills would never make it to the UFC in any of the lower divisions.

And those fighters I called cans haven't all achieved more than someone like Aldana. She fought for a belt. Spivak is in the weakest div there is and never fought for a belt. Him fighting in a main event means nothing. They get that simply because they're big.

<36>

Look who fought for the belt in the women's divisions:
Lauren Murphy
Bethe Correia
Sara McMann
Jessica Eye

GettyImages-1358526607.jpg

Its always been that way except for the first few years of the unified rules. 205 is too high of a maximum for LHW.

So why isn’t Tom cleaning it out right now?

In fairness to Tom, he's beaten 4 of the top 10 already. All first round finishes, the longest guy last 3mins. And Tom wants to defend the interim belt next.

The division is not even close to the worse. The top 10 is actually strong and the top 5 matches up against any top 5 from the other divisions. HW lacks depth beyond the top 10. But what do you expect?? The division has far less fighters.

It's top heavy... You have the top 5 and the rest the freshman team

#4 has not won a fight in 4 years. His last fight at all was 3 years ago and he got murder KO'd.

41 years old, hasn't won in ~half a decade, top 5.

Heavyweight is really an embarrassment. The roster depth is so bad.

Lol at listing Tybura and Rozenstruik as good fighters. Almeida is entirely one dimensional.

What does being one dimensional have to do with being a good fighter??

he doesnt want to build his own legacy and just blames jones
lol
you expect tom to just keep beating the same lards over and over. bones has not even vacated the belt so he can't even get genuine title defenses. i don't even like tom, i feel like ufc fans dickride him just because they hate bones but lets not pretend that bones is ruining the division singlehandedly by clogging it up and cherry picking stipe.

if sergey spivac is top ten, it's a terrible time for HW's. only time worse is maybe early 2010's when guys like roy nelson and brendan schaub were ranked.

<36>

Look who fought for the belt in the women's divisions:
Lauren Murphy
Bethe Correia
Sara McMann
Jessica Eye

GettyImages-1358526607.jpg
women's division has more depth and versatility than the heavyweights. we got a lot of tank abbot 2.0s (minus the charisma that tank had) beyond the prestigious hws

So why isn’t Tom cleaning it out right now?
There's 2 other relevant fighters. PAV AN blades he kod Pav and likely fighting Blades next. Jon Jones is in division in name only the Champ is Aspinal.

HW in MMA has always been the worst male division. LHW has devolved a lot though, LHW used to be the glamour division, many of the biggest names/stars, but its a shell of itself these days

Top 10 is actually not that bad. Soon Tai will be out of the top 10 which will make room for Rebelis if he can make it that far which would make an even stronger top 10. 1-7 is very solid otherwise.
Yeah.. the gap between the top fighters and the rest is abysmal. HW is top heavy.

Guys like Gane, Aspinall, Blaydes and Pavlovich fighting anyone outside top 8 is basically a mismatch.

Jones and Stipe are retired so they don't count.

Back