Media The UFC Heavyweight Division By FAR Worst Male Division in Entire UFC

HW in MMA has always been the worst male division. LHW has devolved a lot though, LHW used to be the glamour division, many of the biggest names/stars, but its a shell of itself these days
It depends on which era. 205 peaked with Jones, Cormier, Rumble and Gus (before he just showed up for paychecks). And they were a level or two above the rest of the division.

Before that LHW used to have big names but those dudes were overrated. They were on a similar level so that made it look competitive but once Jones arrived it proved they were all jabronis.

Guys like Rampage and Rashad were not any better than guys like Ankalaev or Hill.

Not yet.....but it will be once Stipe and Jonny boy retires.
Aspinall, Pav, Gane, and Blaydes...thats it....and Gane is pretty suspect.

What does being one dimensional have to do with being a good fighter??

Did you see his last fight? Only knowing how to do one thing doesn't fly in the lighter divisions. Only reason the guy got into the top 10 because of how shit the level of grappling is.

DC has talked about this. He flat out admits that they aren't as good at fighting. That's why older heavyweights can stay relevant, because the skill level is trash.

And the division is fine. It simply doesn't have big names because all the fossils retired. You just don't like who's at the top of the division.

And it's been lousy for years, but they keep that TUF shit on life support for the smaller guys.

Tell me you’re a hater without telling you’re a hater, lol.

Calling Jones and Stipe cans is rich.

Aldo guys like Aspinall, Pavlovich, Blaydes and Gane would plough through any generation of HW’s like through bunch of cans.

I don't hate anyone (except OSP).

And I didn't call Jon and Stipe cans. I said there were some good guys on that list and then immediately talked about Jon lol.

Those HWs wouldn't plough through any gen of HWs. That's ridiculous. Pav couldn't plough through Overeem and instead got emarrassed and finished within a round.

Even funnier is that Gane is somehow ranked #2 while his single biggest career win wasn't even top 5 (Volkov is #6).

Shows you his ranking is completely inflated SOLELY for the purpose of artificially pumping up Jones.

Even funnier is that you talk out of your ass, without doing basic research. Lewis was ranked #2 when Gane beat him and got the Interim belt, basically becoming the #1 contender. Since then he has lost to Ngannou and Jones, 2 champs and beat #3 ranked Tuivasa and #8 ranked Spivac. So there’s no reason for him to really go down in the rankings.

Oh, and by the way even Volkov was ranked #5 when Gane beat him, so just f*ck off

HW being the worst goes without saying - few people are the size of proper HWs which means that there will be fewer incredibly skilled people. Same goes with FlW, though people tend to think that speed is the same as skill when in fact many of them are simply terrible but look better because of speed.

Even funnier is that you talk out of your ass, without doing basic research. Lewis was ranked #2 when Gane beat him and got the Interim belt, basically becoming the #1 contender. Since then he has lost to Ngannou and Jones, 2 champs and beat #3 ranked Tuivasa and #8 ranked Spivac. So there’s no reason for him to really go down in the rankings.

Oh, and by the way even Volkov was ranked #5 when Gane beat him, so just f*ck off
No need to get so emotional my man

Sorry I think Gane has always been beyond overrated but that's the way I'll see it due to him never facing a grappler in his entire professional lifetime prior to Jon... absolutely absurd to think about how doctored his career was leading up to his title shot. Then of course getting exposed on the ground by ADCC Francis. I do concede the ranking change though, my bad. Hilarious to think that Derrick was #2 once upon a time, if that's true, and that also backs up how absurd HW is.

Not yet.....but it will be once Stipe and Jonny boy retires.
Aspinall, Pav, Gane, and Blaydes...thats it....and Gane is pretty suspect.
It's not been long since people were calling Jones Vs Gabe the most skilled heavyweight match of all time 😂

Yeah.. the gap between the top fighters and the rest is abysmal. HW is top heavy.

Guys like Gane, Aspinall, Blaydes and Pavlovich fighting anyone outside top 8 is basically a mismatch.

Jones and Stipe are retired so they don't count.
Unfortunately HW will never be a deep division and will always likely be top heavy unless the UFC can convince more HW's from other martial arts with deeper talent pools to cross over.

Did you see his last fight? Only knowing how to do one thing doesn't fly in the lighter divisions. Only reason the guy got into the top 10 because of how shit the level of grappling is.

DC has talked about this. He flat out admits that they aren't as good at fighting. That's why older heavyweights can stay relevant, because the skill level is trash.

Being a good fighter and being one dimensional aren't synonymous with each other. There are many fighters that are one dimensional that are elite. You're using one example of Gane being submitted by the best fighter of all time. It's the best logic to use. There are many examples in every division of fighters being submitted easily, doesn't mean they aren't good fighters.

You need to wake up my friend. There are many fighters in every division and lower divisions that are ranked high and one dimensional. How are guys like Mehrab, Omalley, Ortega, Holloway, Gatehje, Wonderboy, among many more champions and contenders.

Wt
It's so bad this Tafa fight is nearly unwatchable.
It might be the 2nd worst division in the entire UFC Male or Female (Woman's Bantamweight being the only one worse)

View attachment 1036161
Wrong

fly weight sucks more
At least with the heavies we get to see ko’s
No one want to see 5’4” men hit each other hundreds of times without even a chance of a ko

With Rose, Blanchfield, Valentina, Grasso. Woman's Bantamweight is by far the worst division in the entire UFC let alone woman's.

Raquel Pennington could be the worst UFC champion in UFC history lol.
No that would be Matt Serra

Wt

Wrong

fly weight sucks more
At least with the heavies we get to see ko’s
No one want to see 5’4” men hit each other hundreds of times without even a chance of a ko
Moreno vs Pantoja was on the shortlist for fight of the year last year lol.
It's not the greatest division, but its not close to the worst. I'd say LHW could be 2nd behind HW for being the worst.

To be fair 1-13 in rankings isn't the worst HW division ever. HW has never been stacked really until the Pride/UFC/Strikeforce convergence that happened once. Not to mention that era wasn't exactly long lasting.

Back