*The UFC needs to sign Shinya Aoki!!!*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
The UFC is feeding Khabib Nurmagomedov, the guy that in his last fight dominated the LW champion, with a newcomer, a guy with zero fights at the higher level. No MMA fan is excited to watch that fight. Then imagine, what about Shinya Aoki Vs Khabib? Fans would be uberexcited to watch a wrestler like The Eagle trying to control the fight from Aoki's rubber guard. Yeah, i know it could go worst t than the BJJ wizard against Gil Melendez, but at least every fan would like to see how Khabib anhilates him, or tries to do it.

Or maybe Aoki Vs Sage? Or Aoki Vs Lauson? Or Aoki Vs Cerrone. A lot of fights for him in the UFC. He has wins over Kawajiri and Alvarez, he has always a sub chance.

Finally:
- Aoki has been working on his stand up for a long time.
- He's a big LW.
- He would be probably the best BJJer on the LW division.

War Tobikan Judan!!! Dana, make it happen.

P.D: Yeah, i know the "he would get murdered in the UFC" or "he should stay in Japan were the competition is easier" arguments. Haters honna hate.

Didn't this happen already?

Wasn't impressed by his performance: gsp voice

Edit; nvm I was thinking fight with glibert

Last edited:
Aoki said he rather stay in Japan and build MMA there (aka stay in Japan and crush cans until he fades into oblivion)

That fight against Eddie Alvarez is the reason why the Aoki Myth doesn't please UFC. Seems like he does well against cans in Japan and wouldn't hang with the UFC fighters or just end up Yushin Okami v.2. They're probably more interested in asian young prospects that can shine IN the UFC and build themselves against better competition.

I'd like to see Aoki get his glass chin shattered in the UFC.

Aoki said he rather stay in Japan and build MMA there (aka stay in Japan and crush cans until he fades into oblivion)

Zuffa zombie detected.

fat-American.jpg

Did I time travel?

Is it 2009?

Aoki got dominated by Gilbert on the ground. I doubt he could hang with Khabib if he wanted to keep it standing and he would control him on the ground. After the Gilbert fight I think he realized he isn't as strong as he thought he was on the ground so went back to the Asian market where he could sub people in under a minute.

Shinya wants nothing to do with MMA in the west. He's happy being the big fish in a small pond.

Just like every other asian that went into ufc..

He'd get dismantled. Unfortunately.

Aoki would be top 10-15 in the UFC...could beat many Top 10 guys but I just dont think he would be successful in the UFC .....he makes more and does better in Japan.

Shinya wants nothing to do with MMA in the west. He's happy being the big fish in a small pond.

Yep, some guys like being the best of the worst rather than the worst of the best.

It would be odd seeing him in generic black n white reebok instead of his fancy pants

Aoki can make much more crushing cans in Asia than he will ever do in the UFC.

And Aoki is a pretty fucking small 155er.

He'd get destroyed by damn near every top ten Lw fighter.

This thread is full of "UFC rules, MMA outside UFC is shit. derp derp"

ZgwIASL.gif

Back