The UFC should just feed Derrick Lewis unranked fighters from now on

That was a fluke. Dont get your hopes up. Knocking out bums is where he thrives.
No it was not a fluke. Blaydes was too predictable in his level change and paid dearly for it.

Probably too scared to throw hands w Derrick.

No it was not a fluke. Blaydes was too predictable in his level change and paid dearly for it.

Probably too scared to throw hands w Derrick.
Lol at scared to throw hands. Did you even watch the fight? It ended because Blaydes stopped throwing hands to shoot for a takedown. Do you actually want to see that run back? Because I don't. Let Derrick Lewis have his win. Putting him against Blaydes, Ngannou, or Volkov would be letting those guys get the fight back and I'd rather he go down in history as 1-0 against all of them.

Lol at scared to throw hands. Did you even watch the fight? It ended because Blaydes stopped throwing hands to shoot for a takedown. Do you actually want to see that run back? Because I don't. Let Derrick Lewis have his win. Putting him against Blaydes, Ngannou, or Volkov would be letting those guys get the fight back and I'd rather he go down in history as 1-0 against all of them.
I'm not calling for any fights to be run back but if you just openly shoot w no setup, after telegraphing your gonna shoot, that's not a fluke, he made a mistake and paid for it, just like any other fighter.

I'm not calling for any fights to be run back but if you just openly shoot w no setup, after telegraphing your gonna shoot, that's not a fluke, he made a mistake and paid for it, just like any other fighter.
Do you want to see a rematch? Yes or no?

To be fair Lewis is much better than he's given credit for. His strength and skills give him better chances than people who define him as a "bar brawler" give him credit for. But if you can overcome his grappling defense he looks like a noob. I just hope he can set the KO bar high for the future generations to try to break at this point.

Ok,

What do we do with guys like Tuivasa?
Him and Lewis is a coinflip IMO. It's not like he's any better of a fighter. If I had to say Lewis has looked better than him.

yes lewis lost to almedia badly, but it took the best pure wrestler at HW (bar Jones) to stuff him, but only after getting completely dominating blaydes in grappling for an entire round.

I don't hold that loss against Lewis too tough to be honest.

I'd love to see Lewis vs Rozenstriuk, always fun to see Lewis fight, he always brings it and is so witty.

I think he is underrated as well, ok I'm not saying he has more skill and talent than Jones lol, but he has beat so many guys and finished them, he has beat some very good fighters as well.

Dude, just stop. Blaydes was beating Lewis in a striking battle when he decided to go for an ill timed takedown that Lewis managed to counter perfectly with an uppercut. Blaydes can obviously take him down.
How about you stop. Blaydes tried and failed repeatedly to get Lewis down.

hlovUiA.gif

That's not what he did this time. He just celebrates like his usual act on the floor.

Jailton isn't unranked. And he had a hard time with Nasi
I know -- I saw it. That's what he said the first time he did it, and I think he just thinks that people expect him to take his shorts off now after a win. It's like his pro wrestling finishing move, now. The whole thing with his cup was just upping the spectacle.

How about you stop. Blaydes tried and failed repeatedly to get Lewis down.

hlovUiA.gif
Does that look like a serious attempt to you? He just went back to beating on him. Lewis has been taken down by multiple inferior wrestlers than Blaydes, including the guy he just fought.

i've just never liked watching him fight. he's like the poster child for the drunken bar brawl fights that make the ufc look bad. seems like a decent guy though so i don't bust on him too much.
The fact that he makes MMA and the UFC look bad is precisely what I love about him

You give him Yair you give him a fun brawl but at the same time if he wins it pretty much keeps him in title picture you wanted it or not. Because hw is so shit he is actually pretty much two wins away from title shot.

Unless we somehow get a new wave of fighters and that would be...it would be so nice!

Lewis isn't very easy to takedown. Only two guys come to mind who were able to ragdoll him was Daniel Cormier and Almeida, both guys are some of the best ground fighters in the division, and allegedly Lewis wasn't 100% against Almeida.

Lewis is not a world beater, but making it seem like he's only beaten other 10 guys because of flukes is lame. He was/is a legitimate top 10 heavyweight in the UFC.

Stawp. Rewatch his fights with Almeida and Spivac and stop being a moron. He's not on that level. He's a fat guy with knockout power who punched above his weight for two fights. He was literally losing every second of his fights with Blaydes and Volkov before he found the knockout. Those are not feats he can repeat on a consistent basis. If you actually appreciated him you would not be talking this nonsense. Let him keep those wins and ride off into the sunset.
I never said anything about how good Lewis is, or that's he's a contender or any of that. I said his win over Blaydes was not a fluke, because it wasn't.

He came into that fight looking to catch Blaydes switching levels, he started timing it during the fight, and then finally landed the shot he was looking for. It is the precise opposite of fluke.

Unless you are going full Sherdog and using fluke to mean outcome that you didn't expect.

He should fight Rozenstruik next. It’s like the only guy in the top 15 he hasn’t fought.
Yep, both guys no where near title contention atm. Both been around for a while. Pretty much guaranteed to be mostly striking unless Derrick thinks he's a wrestler again.

Back