The War Room Lounge v.8: Conor was Framed by the Deep State Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
p7282_p_v8_aa.jpg

Hah! I'll have to watch it to be sure, but it doesn't look quite right. Also I think the alien was vulnerable to either hot water or CO2 (a fire extinguisher). Can't remember exactly which.

Did you dislike Fury Road and Drive?

No. I liked them both. Fury Road has even grown on me a bit over time, and I'd probably rate it higher than I initially did.

I thought they were incredibly entertaining and have great re-watch potential, but certainly agree they are not going to invite deep reflection or greater understanding of anything.
Yeah, pretty much. Although I don't find "Drive" all that re-watchable. I think it's a pretty hollow film.

Also, Army of Darkness is kind of dumb fun as long as we do not compare it to the brilliance of Evil Dead 2. I consider them different genre pieces.

I'm all over the place with the Evil Dead franchise. I'm an Evil Dead 1 guy, and didn't care all that much for the ultra silly/slapstick sequels. However, I love the series(that just got cancelled :mad: ), which has more in common with the tone of the sequels.

The only movie on my list that I truly can't stand, is "Spider Man 2".

You called the film dumb. I'm just asking what rises above the criticism in your mind. If you think all action flicks are dumb then so be it.

"Dumb fun". It wasn't meant to be a harsh criticism. And yeah, most action movies are dumb fun. I just find that "Aliens" doesn't do anything special within the genre. I find the action numbing and boring, and not interesting to look at. Other than the final sequence(which is pretty good), it's just guys standing around shooting guns with aliens exploding. For me, there isn't one memorable action sequence in the movie, other than the final showdown. I also didn't care for the hammy characters too much.

The Raid is what all action movies should be compared to IMO.

At least non-superhero ones.

Agreed. Other than the improved effects, I don't see how T-2 is at all better, other than the fact that you don't have to see Arnold's ass cheeks.

The T1000 was a cool addition. Much less suspenseful than the original, I thought (could be cuz I was older). Really though, I just can't fucking stand listening to Edward Furlong's voice.

Has anyone seen or can remember a Scifi horror from that era (not sure exactly when, could have been '70s or early 80s) about a remote space station. It's a survival horror where the space station's inhabitants are being picked off one by one as they wait to be picked up. There's footage from the alien's perspective as it watches them. The alien leaves what appears to be rocks in the scooped out stomachs of it's victims.
At the end the surviving pair (man and woman) fly off, and then it shows a view of their hold where all the bodies were kept under tarpaulins. Then the tarpaulins start beating.
Never been able to figure out what the movie was. I crept into the living room and watched it from behind the couch when I was three or four and paid for it with nightmares for about a week.
I'd love to watch it again and see how soft I was.

Creature or Forbidden World?

"Dumb fun". It wasn't meant to be a harsh criticism. And yeah, most action movies are dumb fun. I just find that "Aliens" doesn't do anything special within the genre. I find the action numbing and boring, and not interesting to look at. Other than the final sequence(which is pretty good), it's just guys standing around shooting guns with aliens exploding. For me, there isn't one memorable action sequence in the movie, other than the final showdown. I also didn't care for the hammy characters too much.

The sequence where the Aliens dropped from the ceiling entertained the shit out of me. To each their own.

Shit, I agree on Fight Club too. Total crap. imo.

I like The Departed, though. It's derivative, and schlocky, but I still like it.

Agree with this 100%.

And holy shit you guys watch a lot of movies. Wish I had that kind of free time.

Just remind him he drafted a kicker in the first round of FF and be done with it.

That's how I got OBJ...wait...

YEAH REX, YOU DRAFTED A FUCKING KICKER IN THE FIRST ROUND YOU DICK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back