The Wemby thread

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
This dude is not fair.

That should be his nickname. Jordan is his airiness and wemby should be "unfairness"

Anyhoo, is he gonna play till 40 like Kareem?
Or retire early due to injury like yao ming?

I don't like the odds of a tall, skinny player. Durant is a unicorn. If Gumby can avoid injuries, 3 yrs from now, people will start the LeBron-Jordan-Wemby debates. Chet is holding his own and had good stats so far.

He’s showed promise but as I said in the nba thread, needs to bulk up or get stronger to truly live up to his potential. Just in the last game Mitchell Robinson and Randle bullied him in the paint and even Grant Williams was able to guard him when Wemby tried posting up on him.

Eventually teams will also learn how to guard him effectively on the perimeter where he likes to hang out, so he will need to get stronger and play in the paint more often.

He’s showed promise but as I said in the nba thread, needs to bulk up or get stronger to truly live up to his potential. Just in the last game Mitchell Robinson and Randle bullied him in the paint and even Grant Williams was able to guard him when Wemby tried posting up on him.

Eventually teams will also learn how to guard him effectively on the perimeter where he likes to hang out, so he will need to get stronger and play in the paint more often.

I don't like the odds of a tall, skinny player. Durant is a unicorn. If Gumby can avoid injuries, 3 yrs from now, people will start the LeBron-Jordan-Wemby debates. Chet is holding his own and had good stats so far.

True points but you don't need to be Charles Oakley to play today. There is not as much contact obviously and big guys play outside. I also think he will gain some good weight. The guy is only 19 and burns a TON of calories. It is almost unfair that he's that tall and can move like he moves.

I'm also glad he went to Coach Pop or a good organization and didn't end up in Orlando or Detroit or some NBA wasteland.

Lot of weight already being put on those narrow shoulders but got to love that wingspan and his ability to block. I've always liked to watch players like Bol and Bradley, Wemby is the next level version of that but I wouldn't be surprised if his career turns out to be more Porzingis than Jabbar.

He already played in a smaller environment and succeeded. He's been playing against men for a while now and he's been fine. His spacing is fine, its a part of his skill set. He doesn't need to be like Giannis. He should develop more of a post up game though, he'd be the easiest bucket in NBA history.

He said he's working on a skyhook too, which should help his post game. Young Kareem is the closest comparison I can see in body type and how he moves, so maybe he can pull it off.

Could you imagine being as good as Kareem down low, but still able to knock down 3's? Unfair.

Back