Social The worst accent you've heard in your life?

I refuse to be lectured on the pronunciation of English words by some dude who pronounces "garage" as "gay-rahj."

The weather's fine, MATE. Overcast at around 64 degrees Fahrenheit.

Great thread by the way.......

I'm in Brazil at the moment, weather is great..... Can't you please use Centigrade........

Also.......thyme and oregano.... you cunt.

I'm in Brazil at the moment, weather is great..... Can't you please use Centigrade........

18 degrees C. The 'c' stands for "Can units."

Our way of pronouncing the word "oregano" is actually closer to the way it's pronounced in Spanish (orégano), from which the word is derived.

And if you don't believe me, here's a fellow Brit compatriot of yours explaining it all:

On the one hand, dude is a gigantic d-bag. But on the other, you'd be pissed off all the time too, if your head looked like this.

1711671490519.png

18 degrees C. The 'c' stands for "Can units."

Our way of pronouncing the word "oregano" is actually closer to the way it's pronounced in Spanish (orégano), from which the word is derived.

And if you don't believe me, here's a fellow Brit compatriot of yours explaining it all:

That guy is a lefty commie...... He probably sold the blueprints to the F35 and hid them in his prison wallet...... And all for a cheap Chinese t-shirt of Che Guevara......

So the word that the English used for a herb and pronounced by the English in a language called English...... Is wrong........sounds totally reasonable......

How about you call your language, something other than English...... How about Cuntish.......

I think Americans pronounce thyme normally (except for the accent). They do pronounce 'basil' as 'baysil' though. And 'herbs' as 'erbs'.

I think Americans pronounce thyme normally (except for the accent). They do pronounce 'basil' as 'baysil' though. And 'herbs' as 'erbs'.

Well, if it's not done the way the people you got the language from, it isn't English is it...... Just call it something different......

That guy is a lefty commie...... He probably sold the blueprints to the F35 and hid them in his prison wallet...... And all for a cheap Chinese t-shirt of Che Guevara......

Now you're just going bonkers.

So the word that the English used for a herb and pronounced by the English in a language called English...... Is wrong........sounds totally reasonable......

Yeah. Because it's a Spanish word (orégano) and we just happened to retain the original pronunciation, you goof.

How about you call your language, something other than English...... How about Cuntish.......

Keep crying. America is responsible for giving prestige to the English language and making it the lingua franca of our era.

Now you're just going bonkers.

Yeah. Because it's a Spanish word (orégano) and we just happened to retain the original pronunciation, you goof.

Keep crying. America is responsible for giving prestige to the English language and making it the lingua franca of our era.

I would cry if it wasn't for the amount of people from other parts of the world telling me, they don't want to learn English like they're on the Disney channel..... Or develop a North American accent....... I think it might rain tomorrow......

No way - a southern accent on a good looking woman is sheer greatness!
I strongly disagree. I live in Kentucky and feel a strong southern accent greatly takes away from a woman’s overall attractiveness. To each his own.

Also my co worker from Boston goes to me hey have you seen my
khakis (car keys) lol

Wouldn't call it accent, but mail lady often shouts something quickly to announce package for pickup and can never tell WTF she's saying as if not intended to be understood. Suspect it's a name, but never could tell.

I would cry if it wasn't weren't for the amount of people from other parts of the world telling me, they don't want to learn English like they're on the Disney channel..... Or develop a North American accent....... I think it might rain tomorrow......

Here, fixed it for you. You must use the subjunctive mood in this scenario.

Oh boy. What a joy it's been so far, to be told by some dude that his English is superior to mine even though he can't tell the difference between the contraction of "you are" and the possessive form of "you" nor conjugate his verbs correctly.

<{nope}>

German. Arnold's accent, the women sound just as bad.

I strongly disagree. I live in Kentucky and feel a strong southern accent greatly takes away from a woman’s overall attractiveness. To each his own.
Well I went to UK actuslly LOL. (Cal sucks - had to throw that in :( )And can say 100 I think you are very wrong.

Granted the Texas accent is the best.

Sooner or later, that anal crevice behind the phone is going to try that attitude with someone who simple doesn't give a fuck and get absolutely wrecked.

And what a glorious day that will be.
Exactly. People hide behind the rules society imposes and use them to abuse others with no recourse.

But then every once in a while, someone does care about society’s rules and beats the shit out of them. And those are the best days.

I fucking hate mexican version of spanish
I think the Mexican accent can sound good but the stereotypical Mexican American ghetto accent sounds ugly to me. Puerto Ricans I would say the opposite. Actual Puerto Ricans sound annoying but the NY Rican accent on a woman sounds sexy.

Back