The Year in Nogi Grappling 2023 PT.2(Stats, Analysis, etc)

I love that tawara gaeshi is picking up steam. It's a pretty high percentage takedown if you get the set up right.

Half guard passing as #1 pass is no surprise.

I noticed you listed half guard, knee slice, and 3/4 mount as different passes.

While knee slice can occur from an open guard, passing half guard often finishes with a knee slice or 3/4 mount to mount transition.

Where did you draw the line differentiating those?

I love that tawara gaeshi is picking up steam. It's a pretty high percentage takedown if you get the set up right.

Half guard passing as #1 pass is no surprise.

I noticed you listed half guard, knee slice, and 3/4 mount as different passes.

While knee slice can occur from an open guard, passing half guard often finishes with a knee slice or 3/4 mount to mount transition.

Where did you draw the line differentiating those?
People are starting to use the tawara gaeshi more and more.

For the halfguard, kneeslice and 3/4 mount, I separated them like this. 3/4 mount is where your legs are on opposite sides of their body like mount, but your foot is stuck. A halfguard pass is any pass that starts from an established halfguard. A kneeslice starts outside of halfguard. If it starts from DLR, standing, etc it is a kneeslice, but if you get stuck with a kneesheild or someone tries to reguard and traps one of your legs, it is a halfguard pass. They often times look similar at the end, but I separated it by the beggining position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back