Theory on Khamzat

He could have more situational awareness and not go so crazy in the first. Top grappling guys are hard to submit and control. He could pace himself a bit more.

I imagine he broke his wrist when Usman slammed him in the first round.

He was really bouncy and didn't look gassed imo, he just didn't throw shit.

well, we need to release a special chechen edition of this
0JRoKNI.jpg

Here is an easier explanation.

Like Kevin Lee, he is a rd1 bully.

His stamina is shit and covid could have worsen it. I don't think he'll improve or fix it because it was lung damage that forced him to retire. Anyone with TDD and striking can beat him but the threat of the TD stays.

Strickland could be that guy but who knows.

I think Khamzat needs to go train with Islam and company...

I feel like his career and skills would be so much better if he did that...

Also, I believe the last-minute switch to Usman was more difficult of a change for him.

I'd say he wore himself out... running walkout, acting all excited and laughing with the cut men like he could barely contain himself, then blitz through the first round

But sure, he could have some lasting effects that exacerbate his pacing problem

Last edited:
After this fight:
Wrestling - 9/10
Grappling - 8/10
Striking-3/10
Cardio - 3/10
Fight IQ - 5/10

I think he just doesn't pace himself and pays for it later in a fight.

How do we know he ever had a gas tank to begin with? He never went more than 2 rounds in any fight before his Covid

He did have a shitty time recovering from Covid, started training again too soon and fucked himself up, but that was 3 years ago. If he really had long Covid he would have stayed retired.
I'm pretty sure his intention was to retire, until Ramzan told him that wasn't an option.

Back