There are more cougars in USA than Canada, I believe..

WAR Pitt Panthers!

BOOOOOO Nittany Lions!

I don’t think cougars lose to wolverines though..

Actually, a mountain lion (AZ lingo) would most likely be killed by a wolverine if they ever fought.

Wolverines are also nasty enough that they would most likely come out on top versus a lone wolf,
even while being grossly out sized by them too.

It's hard for most folks to imagine, but they are thick furred, miniature bears, with zero quit in them.

We have badgers here and I always make sure to stay clear of their burrows when I see them even
being armed.

I read that there were more beavers in Pennsylvania than there are people. Crazy because I've never seen one out in the wild.

They have way more fierce rivals up in Canada. Harsher, more unforgiving terrain.

The Department of Natural Resources in Wisconsin said there weren't any in Wisconsin even though many trail cameras were picking them up and tracks were reported. The DNR claimed that there was a lone cougar that traveled past several trail cameras across the state. One man was showing the DNR tracks and scat in his area in 2018 and they were trying to tell him that they weren't cougar tracks. Then they saw a cougar in a tree.

In November of 2023, a deer hunter shot a cougar with an arrow because it was stalking him. The DNR says there are no cougars in Wisconsin but it's illegal to kill them because they are a protected species in Wisconsin.
Makes sense.
Government logic.

Actually, a mountain lion (AZ lingo) would most likely be killed by a wolverine if they ever fought.

Wolverines are also nasty enough that they would most likely come out on top versus a lone wolf,
even while being grossly out sized by them too.

It's hard for most folks to imagine, but they are thick furred, miniature bears, with zero quit in them.

We have badgers here and I always make sure to stay clear of their burrows when I see them even
being armed.
Cougars would avoid that confrontation like the plague. It would be extremely difficult to beat a wolverine without sustaining serious injury. More than likely the Wolverine wins by default.

Attachments

• IMG_4268.png
    IMG_4268.png
    354.3 KB · Views: 2
Probably cause Canada is colder.
Cougars aren't known to be animals that like living in cold conditions. The hottest section of Canada is the one directly next to the US border, which is also where all the people live. If cougars went north they could be left alone, but it's cold as balls. Why would they do that when they can stay in cozy US?

Attachments

• IMG_4270.png
    IMG_4270.png
    317.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4269.png
    IMG_4269.png
    708.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4274.png
    IMG_4274.png
    733.7 KB · Views: 1
A random search on the internet.

You should probably put more thought into the situation.

Since you enjoy random internet searches though, this seems amusing and basically "confirms" cougars will avoid any confrontation with a wolverine:

there are more animals in America cougars can kill. they are solitary animals, unlike wolves

Exactly population wise 330 million to 40 million. But cougars in Canada are more fresh

Attachments

• IMG_4709.png
    IMG_4709.png
    532.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back