• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

There is literally no reason for monogamy

ButtonMasher

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why do chicks push so hard for monogamy and then end up banging some other guy anyways?

Good way to avoid STDs and random kids but other than that...

Without monogamy there's always a very realistic chance you're paying for another man's child.

Which isn't such a big deal if you sign up to do it, but if you're tricked into it that's another story.

Without monogamy there's always a very realistic chance you're paying for another man's child.

Which isn't such a big deal if you sign up to do it, but if you're tricked into it that's another story.

LOL with monogamy there's a very realistic chance you're paying for another man's child.

In a perfect world that wouldn't be true, I'm talking about the reality of "monogamy".

When I was younger, sure, sleeping around was key.

nowadays I'd rather just find a woman that I'm not only attracted to, but enjoy spending time around as well. It beats playing these games with crazy women.

I probably couldn't give you a scientific argument for why monogamy is preferable, but it seems that when you find someone you really love, you have eyes only for them (at least that's how it is for me).

I think alot of people are married without being in love. The do it for a number of reasons (they are lonely, expectation etc), but I can count on one hand the number of couples I know who are genuinely in love after being married for 10+ years.

Don't get me wrong, I think people start out at marriage feeling strongly for one another, but do nothing to cultivate and encourage that passion in the long term (and fall out of love, and look to strangers for intimacy).

Monogamy can be a death sentence for people who don't have their hearts and heads fully devoted to a relationship, or it can be the best thing in the world for those that found their "Lobster" (Friends reference)

LOL with monogamy there's a very realistic chance you're paying for another man's child.

In a perfect world that wouldn't be true, I'm talking about the reality of "monogamy".

No, you are talking about YOUR reality.

People always say monogamy isn't natural.

Then why did near every culture across the globe develop some form of monogamy?

People always say monogamy isn't natural.

Then why did near every culture across the globe develop some form of monogamy?

Because dudes didn't want to get cucked and raise the kids of the town bushmaster.

Same reason they checked women for hymens on their wedding night and shit.

Last edited:
I probably couldn't give you a scientific argument for why monogamy is preferable, but it seems that when you find someone you really love, you have eyes only for them (at least that's how it is for me).

I think alot of people are married without being in love. The do it for a number of reasons (they are lonely, expectation etc), but I can count on one hand the number of couples I know who are genuinely in love after being married for 10+ years.

Don't get me wrong, I think people start out at marriage feeling strongly for one another, but do nothing to cultivate and encourage that passion in the long term (and fall out of love, and look to strangers for intimacy).

Monogamy can be a death sentence for people who don't have their hearts and heads fully devoted to a relationship, or it can be the best thing in the world for those that found their "Lobster" (Friends reference)

I believe in the saying "people are as faithful as their options".

I think if you had the option for a one off affair with whoever with no repercussions, 99.999999% of people would do it.

Of course some couples are actually monogamous, but think of how really small that percentage is.

I believe in the saying "people are as faithful as their options".

I think if you had the option for a one off affair with whoever with no repercussions, 99.999999% of people would do it.

Of course some couples are actually monogamous, but think of how really small that percentage is.

I don't know man. It's not that I disagree with your observations, I suppose I just hope for more.

It's depressing to think that whomever I am with is only a "chance encounter" away from having an affair because she found someone who is better looking, richer etc.

I don't know man. It's not that I disagree with your observations, I suppose I just hope for more.

It's depressing to think that whomever I am with is only a "chance encounter" away from having an affair because she found someone who is better looking, richer etc.

I've seen enough that for the most part the only way I'd completely trust a woman is if she was literally too busy.

Could be just the women I come across, but trustworthy woman are pretty rare.

Also want to add, I'm referring to attractive/desirable women, meaning they're frequently hit on.

A 400 Lb. chick is trustworthy cause she has no choice.

Back