TheWeasle: What Really Happened (Israel Adesanya vs Sean Strickland)

izzy%20spins.gif

izzy%20beaten.gif

^^^what really happened^^^

It’s funny that I couldn’t see Sean’s path to victory when it was right there all along. I would characterize it as a boxing heavy sparring match and keep Izzy backing up. Sean loves sparring and does it quite frequently, so this is exactly the kind of fight that favors him. He was obviously wise to Izzy’s possum tactic and didn’t get reckless when Izzy was against the cage. Plus, he was all warmed up from that squash match only 6 weeks ago. Sean’s defense was on point tonight, too. It looks wierd but damn it was quite effective last night.

Sean got in Izzy’s head and out-energy’d Izzy. Izzy seemed flat and could not get his groove as Sean was overwhelming him with pressure

What really happened is Sean walked down Izzy and battered him. Left him busted and broken down.

Meanwhile, Sean looked like he could fight another 10 rounds with no damage.
Adesnya didn't look broken and beaten and didn't look like he took much damage. He kept fighting throughout the entire thing. Stop embellishing.

Imagine Mike Tyson or RJJ with TDD and being able to check leg kicks.

Imagine Mike Tyson or RJJ with TDD and being able to check leg kicks.
Imagine prime Mike training TTD for a year, with his build and explosive athleticism I bet he could of developed into the scariest sprawl and brawler in the history of the sport

Sean beat him with educated pressure. If you pressure Izzy with foolish aggression you get countered big. Izzy gets uncomfortable with pressure but can land huge counters against it. Strickland constantly made him move backwards but never went forward so much that he was a good target.

I also think Izzy had a pretty big letdown in preparation/motivation. After having poured in his heart and soul into training to finally beat Pereira he didn't foresee Strickland as being someone he needed to give 110% for in camp.

Imagine prime Mike training TTD for a year, with his build and explosive athleticism I bet he could of developed into the scariest sprawl and brawler in the history of the sport
I guess it wouldn't be fair to his opponents. Instead we have a goofy Strickland that knows how to spam 1,2's with good defense that became a UFC champion
<{1-17}>

Sean Strickland is the Diaz’s brothers white cousin from Oakeyville in Stockton. He’s got better defense because he doesn’t have their chins.

Sean beat him with educated pressure. If you pressure Izzy with foolish aggression you get countered big. Izzy gets uncomfortable with pressure but can land huge counters against it. Strickland constantly made him move backwards but never went forward so much that he was a good target.

I also think Izzy had a pretty big letdown in preparation/motivation. After having poured in his heart and soul into training to finally beat Pereira he didn't foresee Strickland as being someone he needed to give 110% for in camp.
This. Robert whitaker could learn how to apply some educated pressure and not spam preset punch combos to head kicks who just throws them out there in hopes of landing randomly

Back