Movies They/Them

theBloB

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I like Kevin Bacon. He belongs to the group of actors that I always want to give a chance when I see his name, like Jason Statham or Liam Neeson. But not the group with Kurt Russell and Mel Gibson who are among my favorites who may not be as good actors as DDL. You probably understand where I want to go.

Lately, more of you have probably come to your senses that Nic Cage and Bruce Willis before his retirement have appeared in a lot of bad films and I have also been surprised that Mel Gibson has appeared in a series of bad films and the man in question Kevin Bacon.

The latest one with the latter is titled They/Them and it certainly sounded interesting as it might be about some kind of thriller. But then I was surprised when I read the plot.

LGBTQIA+ empowerment tale set at a gay conversion camp.

What the hell is this?

original.jpg

And I must admit you are very rude.

I'm not American and we haven't yet been plagued with specific angry groupings about what should be or not in my country

<Huh2>

Here come all the anti-woke complaints

Why on earth would they? This is very clearly a "woke" movie, set to pander to a particular demographic which people can choose to watch or not. It's not artificially shoehorned into existing properties by lazy asshole, hack writers.

THAT is what pisses people off not stuff like this.

Why on earth would they? This is very clearly a "woke" movie, set to pander to a particular demographic which people can choose to watch or not. It's not artificially shoehorned into existing properties by lazy asshole, hack writers.

yeah 'They" can have this

I was surprised. Is that the official plot description or is IMDB lazy?

Didn't realize the LGBQT community just added two more letters. Good to know.

A PEACOCK original? Oh my god, I'll just HAVE to watch this. PEACOCK!

And yet here we are, in this thread made to complain about the movie. Curious.

Take this shit to the war room please.

sbz1sK3.jpg

Why?

Is that really the norm these days? Selling movies that are not what they are trying to market?

Many of us see something interesting and click on. But apparently this was clickbait. I see a thumbnail with a face I recognize and think this is some kind of thriller movie like Split. That they split Kevin's face in 2 indicates just this. That the title is made in red with a dark eerie background from the forest enhances the feeling even more that it is exactly what I thought it would be.

But apparently it's not the genre I thought it would be.

sbz1sK3.jpg

Why?

Is that really the norm these days? Selling movies that are not what they are trying to market?

Many of us see something interesting and click on. But apparently this was clickbait. I see a thumbnail with a face I recognize and think this is some kind of thriller movie like Split. That they split Kevin's face in 2 indicates just this. That the title is made in red with a dark eerie background from the forest enhances the feeling even more that it is exactly what I thought it would be.

But apparently it's not the genre I thought it would be.

How do you know it isn’t a horror/thriller, just taking place at a conversion camp? Because that’s my take away. This is the synopsis I found:

“A group of teenagers at an LGBTQ+ conversion camp endures unsettling psychological techniques while being stalked by a mysterious masked killer.”

So where’s the false marketing?

Back