Thiago Alves is better than anyone conor or khabib has fought

Conor and Khabib are both better than Alves, and they fought each other, so...

Thiago alves on his best day would beat connor and khabib on their best days imo. Open weight.

Lol at people who put Barboza and Al Iaquinta over Alves

As the biggest (prime) Thiago Alves fan.. nope

Thiago alves is a .500 fighter. This is the way gsp apologists justify his garbage record by propping up guys like Dan hardy, josh koscheck and thiago alves.

If you mean Alves when he fought GSP, that guy and that win is criminally underrated. He was on a 7 fight win streak at the time with the last 4 being Lytle (finish), karo (finish) hughes (finish) and Koscheck. Also worth noting that if you expect to contend against GSP, you better be able to stop takedowns and beat wrestlers, and those last 3 guys were grapplers (two of which were specifically wrestlers and very high level for MMA and NCAA standards). GSP mollywhopped him, and in hindsight its easy to say Alves had nothing for him, but in that context this was a HUGE win as Alves was a legit HUGE threat.

You could argue that this was GSPs most 'dangerous' opponent. Not sure I would go this far, but with the above context it isnt too farfetch'd. Not saying GSPs best or most accomplished opponent, but dangerous is worth consideration. When considering GOATS even if you dont think the GOAT is GSP (i do), this is certainly the most overlooked win on any GOAT candidates resume (change my mind)

Now that I have given Alves (and GSPs win over him) his proper due, the answer is False. that HAS to go to Aldo, but I could see Alves being above anyone else (since Max was a baby when Conor fought him, and as noted above context is important)

Edit: forgot Eddie Alvarez. seeing a lotta other names here who at the time of the fights dont nearly stack up in accomplishment. Just saying guys are better doesnt mean anything if they dont have the resume or title shots to show for it. but touche on Alvarez
I remember thinking this was a tough fight for GSP at the time. Alves could strike with both hands and kicks especially well.

GSP with Those takedowns !

Thiago alves is a .500 fighter. This is the way gsp apologists justify his garbage record by propping up guys like Dan hardy, josh koscheck and thiago alves.
I agree. Furthermore, these were all number1 contenders at the time.

Not now he is not. The guy peaked really high and is massively underrated. Before GSP he was on a tear and the #8 P4P in the world. But after GSP he had brain surgery and a shit load of knee injuries and he has never been the same since. USADA probably didn't help

his peak didn't last long, but people really forget how amazing he was.

It's like Rashad, he's only known around here for the Shadface or losing to Jon/Glover/Smith etc, but, Rashad at his peak was one of the best fighters on the planet. He wasn't able to keep up that form for long, but at his best, he was amazing.

Travis Brown is a better fighter than anyone Khabib or Conor have beaten.

Really. You’re
Wrong but everyone’s opinion is equal on a forum.

For Khabib: RDA Barboza Conor Iaquinta all better than Alves. Even Tibau submitted him

Jose fucking Aldo? Greatest fighter sub 170 pulounds imo.

Back