Things you didn't believe that could happen

Conor fighting floyd
Aldo losing his winning streak in 13 secs
Jones going to HW
Forrest beating Rampage

For example, watching Sean Strickland fights, I wouldn't have thought that, after the Cannonier or Imavov fights, he could get, 3 times in a row, Performance of the Night, Performance of the Night, Fight of the Night.

Or, Jan Blachowicz, in his UFC beginnings, losing to Cummins and being 1-4... I wouldn't have guessed he could become a defending champion... or even a top 3 fighter actually.

You?
Aldo's loss to Conor.... He deserved at least to go down after a war.

If you told me Francis would push tyson fury to a razor close decision that he arguably could of won, I would of said you're out of your mind. Knock out fine I get but that was nuts. Has to rank top 3 most insane combat sports moment for me.

I don't wanna say this but........

Cro Cop getting Headkicked KO at the worst possible time in his career.

Australia having a UFC champion. We don't really have a grappling culture like the US with school wrestling and all of that, because of that I never thought we'd have a champ.

I reckon a lot of the fighters who come from Aus/NZ have played rugby and in some cases (Volk, Tuivasa, Whittaker etc) they were not far from the elite level. All of that tackling and grunt work applies well in the cage it would appear.

Just the fact that Francis actually got a boxing match with Fury, nevermind how it went.

1. A Diaz throwing in the towel. And I don't mean this guy....

2. Jacare getting subbed. And he ended his MMA career with the same injury that ended his BJJ career :oops:

What’s nuts is he took so much head trauma, but an arm break is what made him say “nah man”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back