Thinking of picking this up

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
I built up this AR last year with every intention to use it, but it hasn't been fired once! Brand new build, never fired. Would like to sell it to someone who will get some good use out of it.

MEGA Billet Lower
RRA LPK
RRA BCG
Magpul MIAD grip
Magpul UBR stock
Magpul AFG foregrip
MEGA Upper
White Oak 14.5" barrel SS match grade barrel
VLTOR VC1 flash hider (pinned/welded by Rainier Arms)
VLTOR gas block
VLTOR CASV-M handguard
VLTOR quick detachable sling swivel
VLTOR CAS-FS flip-up front sight
Troy Industries rear folding battle sight
Millett 1-4x24 DMS-1 scope
SSALT scope mount
5 Magpul 30rd PMAGs

New Pelican 1700 hard case and a can of 500rds of 223 also included.

$1750 FIRM. Last price drop! Located in Las Vegas.

AR15-10.JPG

AR15-01.JPG

AR15-15.JPG

Link to more pictures:
https://picasaweb.google.com/106146204828665162219/AR15?authuser=0&feat=directlink

He started from $2250 and now he's tryin to get rid of it for $1750

Last edited:
Spidey Senses tingling... Shady that he says it "hasn't been fired once". To put that much time and money into it, and for him to have never fired it, something doesn't add up.

Check that bad boy out thoroughly, and have him put some rounds through it before you fork over the cash.

The biggest concern with frankenguns is that there's no garauntee they will function properly. It'll probably fire, but being untested (as the seller admits) there's no telling whether or not it'll cycle reliably, feed properly, etc. I built my AR-15, and I think a lot of concern over the so called frankenguns is unwarranted when quality parts are used, but it's still a gamble. And say there's an issue, it's on you to gunsmith it (yourself or have it done by a professional), it's not like you can sent it back to the manufacturer.

IMHO, I'd rather buy an homemade AR that's had a thousand rounds fired through it to test its function, than one somebody made and never got around to firing. and FWIW, the price seems high to me, but I haven't really priced out everything he put on there so I may be wrong.

Ah, he's a member of Nevada Shooters, I've actually bought a couple of guns from him before, a .25 Derringer and a SW 686. He's a stand up guy, I don't think he'd screw a fellow NS member.

As long as you know him, then cool. I'd still have him fire some rounds through it though, definitely want to be sure it'll feed and cycle properly for more than a couple rounds.

Ah, he's a member of Nevada Shooters, I've actually bought a couple of guns from him before, a .25 Derringer and a SW 686. He's a stand up guy, I don't think he'd screw a fellow NS member.
Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that he was intentionally trying to screw anyone, only that an unfired frankengun is an unfired frankengun. It is what it is.

You can get a factory free floated rails gun for better than that

I'm thinking about it. If I do decide to take it, it'll be my last purchase for awhile.

I'm thinking about it. If I do decide to take it, it'll be my last purchase for awhile.

Make it an early Xmas present :)

A lot of Grade A components but I am in the same category as everyone else who is a lil put off by the "unfired" statement.

If I was excited to put break in rounds through my bargain $571 franken AR within a day or two after putting it together, I would figure I would have a VLTOR/Magpul/Troy etc hybrid at the range the second I finished a function check lol.

Well, looks like someone bought it while I was thinking of getting it. I guess I"ll go for something else. Been thinking of something odd like a british 303

It is a good build, but keep in mind someone you don't know did it.

As long as you are well versed in the weapon system, it should not be an issue.

And unfired? Typical Backpage ad, kinda shady and impossible IMO.
How many times have you put on a new accessory on a weapon you own and NOT shot it?
Not buying that statement.

For that price you could bag a Scar-16....

Didn't see your earlier post, not a big loss IMO, you could do a nice build yourself for that money.

Well, looks like someone bought it while I was thinking of getting it. I guess I"ll go for something else. Been thinking of something odd like a british 303

Do it. and post the details. I am a big fan of the .303 round.

Bleh, I'm completely lost when it comes to rifles as I refuse to buy California's neutered crap.

Back