This event was such a letdown

Look, another thread where supposed MMA fans are bitching about the latest event.

Uncle has bad karma or something. Had to finish Cutelaba twice.
Decided to cruise through title shot with Jan.
Did the ol' illegal knee trick.
Maybe there isn't a big four, just a big 3. He might be missing something in the psyche that champions have.

(Big three: Hill, Jiri, and Perera)

I drove to my daughters soccer game and was pretty relieved that I missed not that much. One of the fights I missed was the nutshot NC.

Mental note to go back and watch that poor schmuck suffer on youtube
<Y2JSmirk>

My streaming sucks when I am not on wifi, but I actually managed to catch 2 finishes even with less than ideal service.

And I was home in time to comfortably watch the co main and main event which were all I really cared about.

I saw the Johnny Walker vs the Doctor and Ankalev fight and I actually wish I would have missed it. I think it would have pissed me off less if I didn't see it live.

Uncle has bad karma or something. Had to finish Cutelaba twice.
Decided to cruise through title shot with Jan.
Did the ol' illegal knee trick.
Maybe there isn't a big four, just a big 3. He might be missing something in the psyche that champions have.

(Big three: Hill, Jiri, and Perera)

Uncle Ev seems like he ain't got his head all the way screwed on. Not quite Palhares levels of head not on right, but the same idea.

How difficult is it to expect a professional athlete to know the basic rules of the sport they chose as their life's work?

To make matters worse, I fucking paid for it.

Imagine not enjoying a supposed p4p great get one tapped…

Imagine not enjoying the most predictable outcome possible when the smaller fighter (who already lost once) has no training camp and is coming off of surgery?

Makhachev and his charisma of a watermelon can't sell a ticket outside Abu Dhabi lol. No news. 5/10 for me, without Charles and Borrachinha became pure trash. Volkanovski with 11 days notice was a disgrace, no money in the world pays for legacy. So, Charles did it right and Volkanovski wrong. He chose that path, now he deals with it.

Khamzat did OK with one hand.
Practically no-one thought Islam would knock out Volk.
Shara bullet's UFC debut

It wasn't great, but I've seen worse.

I actually bought this one and om invited a few people over. Oh well...

I didn't like it was in abu Dhabi also

Im not talking as a fan who was let down that his fighter didnt win.

main event was a last minute replacement that ended in 1 round.

co main was also a replacement fight that was boring.

ankalaev vs walker was wtf, not even a fight

inb4 ufc is dying

its just boring
One FC>UFC

Im not talking as a fan who was let down that his fighter didnt win.

main event was a last minute replacement that ended in 1 round.

co main was also a replacement fight that was boring.

ankalaev vs walker was wtf, not even a fight

inb4 ufc is dying

its just boring

Yeah while I didn't expect Volk to win, I was HOPING (not expecting) it would be competitive. Even though I wasn't expecting it to be competitive, I still expected a more competitive fight than that.

Co-main was great.
Walker fight was bullshit, was shaping up to be a sick fight.

I drove to my daughters soccer game and was pretty relieved that I missed not that much. One of the fights I missed was the nutshot NC.

Mental note to go back and watch that poor schmuck suffer on youtube
<Y2JSmirk>

My streaming sucks when I am not on wifi, but I actually managed to catch 2 finishes even with less than ideal service.

And I was home in time to comfortably watch the co main and main event which were all I really cared about.

I saw the Johnny Walker vs the Doctor and Ankalev fight and I actually wish I would have missed it. I think it would have pissed me off less if I didn't see it live.

Here's a preview:

Practically no-one thought Islam would knock out Volk.

I think a lot of people saw it coming. Volk lost to the Islam at his peak and there were a lot of people predicting Volk would get wrecked with no camp and coming off a surgery.

Back