This is how dumb this espn+ deal is

I don't even care enough to stream any more. I'll check the PBP tomorrow morning.

There was a time i bought around 20 ppvs in a row...somewhere near the end of chucks reign. Then i probably bought 1 every two years that i really thought was worth 60$. Now, even if i thought this was one of those fights ill pony up for (i don't)....there's no way in hell I'm gonna jump through all those hoops and buy an additional subscription for the right to buy a ppv.

Havn't the number of bars showing ufc also drastically declined?

When you bought streams before espn+ who did you buy them through? Through cable which you had a subscription for? Through some other service? Nothing has changed.

I haven't seen a Bar with a UFC event for 50 years, and I used to be the same buying almost every card until I got told I was not a real MMA fan if I didn't Midget fighting & soccer mom's and not being a real fan for not paying 60$ a month for that.
So what they want more money now for there Magnet/Midget/Soccer Mom crap ?

i remember visiting my Girl in Boulder CO (i was living in Carribean) when Hughes was fighting GSP (2007?) and the local bar/club was packed to the hilt with everyone dressed up and riveted for the fight. I was shocked how many females were into it (MMA), amazed that Duane Ludwig was there and worried bout how many people would learn to defend my once coveted RNC.

Now dont know a soul that watches it besides me

Use a vpn and sign up Combate for 20 dollars. It shows all ufc events from prelims to main.

Is streaming reliable though or does it cut out, delay etc.? Is resolution OK?

It's reliable, quality will vary based on where you're sourcing. Since the mmastreams subreddit got nuked I've only found on reliable one, but I didn't search very hard it. At worst, you'll have to spam refresh here and there. It beats paying money or having to go out.

There was a time i bought around 20 ppvs in a row...somewhere near the end of chucks reign. Then i probably bought 1 every two years that i really thought was worth 60$. Now, even if i thought this was one of those fights ill pony up for (i don't)....there's no way in hell I'm gonna jump through all those hoops and buy an additional subscription for the right to buy a ppv.

ESPN guaranteed they’d buy the first 500k PPVs during the 7 year contract. The UFC’s net value jumped 20% when they signed the deal. The customer is now ESPN and the UFC delivers content to their customer. Sounds very smart to me considering gross revenue from customers like you were slowly shrinking over time.

There was a time i bought around 20 ppvs in a row.
source.gif

there's no way in hell I'm gonna jump through all those hoops and buy an additional subscription for the right to buy a ppv.

so you never had a cable subscription to buy the ppv from your cable company?

or a fight pass subscription to buy the ppv from fight pass?

The purchase method for bars and restaurants has not changed. its exactly the same as it was before

It's like buying a license to have the privilege of buying nfl tickets. Get dafuq outa here

not really. A ton of cards are on plus and it’s worth the 5 bucks a month. It’s only an issue for people that watch no sports and only buy a PPV once a year

So in the states to legally watch a whole card it’s basically $75?
PPV $60
ESPN+ $5?
Fight pass $10

F that.

I've actually enjoyed ESPN +...just saying

Me too.
Let's call it like it is. Those individuals who are refusing to pay the $5 per month for ESPN + & who aren't bothering to watch the events are casual fans at best. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I literally bought every UFC PPV event from the end of 2005 until February of 2009. I then started ordering less frequently, but still typically 8-10 PPV’s a year.

Since the ESPN deal, I haven’t and won’t order a single one. I know I’m just one person but hey, vote with your money...

When I have to buy something in order to give you my money.... I'm out. Screw ESPN. They didn't want anything to do with UFC/MMA for years. Wouldn't cover it and instead aired bowling, darts and curling. Again screw ESPN. They'll never get my money.

Dont buy anything marvel, star wars or disney.

I havent paid for a ufc ppv since 2011. I also havent missed one. Internet that shit bro

I have never bought a PPV since ESPN+. Its not even about the $60 cost. The service is shit. A BT Sport iptv stream is 10x better. At least when PPV were on cable, i could record, pause, rewind, and fast forward with ease. Now, with this stupid fucking espn + app, you got ps4 that fast fowards too fast, xbox one has better fast forward speeds, but neither of them let you see what is on screen while fast forwarding.

Its complete garbage.

Back