Media This mf Islam Makachev is unhinged

Honestly people give fighters shit for having a mentality that they can beat anyone, but that's what you need to be the best. I don't care if you're a flyweight and saying how you would beat Ngannou with your cardio, people skip over the confidence part of the game. It's part why Topuria is so successful, he just has no doubts in himself. Maybe they are wrong, but by keeping that mentality they win more than they would otherwise. Also vise-versa, guys who are more realistic sometimes mentally can't get the wins with all the doubt inside them.

So he needs kicks and punches or a cage for a wrestling match to win…

No kicks and punches.

If you watch the full video, he said it'll be at AKA where they have a wall. So Burroughs blast doubles are less effective.

The russian style that's got influence from judo is way more effective in MMA/smaller spaces.

No kicks and punches.

If you watch the full video, he said it'll be at AKA where they have a wall. So Burroughs blast doubles are less effective.

The russian style that's got influence from judo is way more effective in MMA/smaller spaces.
Yeah, so he needs a different rule set or wall to get a win over Burroughs.

Islam would murder Burroughs in an MMA fight and would have a decent shot of looking competitive in a pure wrestling match too.

What he said about Burroughs driving people out of the circle and only having a double leg was true lol

A freestyle match vs Burroughs would look like a massacre. Probably tech Islam.

Islam's point was that the cage/wall makes a big difference.

He has more trips and stand ups from there.
That's not what the guy who I replied to was saying, he said Islam would look competitive in a pure wrestling match. That's what I took umbrage at.

In a pure freestyle match Jordan TFs Islam in less than two minutes. If Islam can't punch and kick he is almost helpless against Jordan. Jordan feels him out for a minute and then boom. Take down, leg lace city. DC was right to laugh straight to his face. Do I blame Islam for thinking that way? Nope. He should go right on through life believing he can compete. He probably thinks he can wrestle Dake and Taylor too. Lays in bed contemplating how he could beat Gable.

Conversely in an MMA match, Islam beats the holy hell of Burroughs. Not even remotely competitive. JB should stay far away from a cage.

Wrestlers:

Is what DC said (Burroughs=GOAT of all wrestling) actually accepted by many? Or did he just have that come out wrong?

Wrestlers:

Is what DC said (Burroughs=GOAT of all wrestling) actually accepted by many? Or did he just have that come out wrong?

Not a wrestler but I follow it a bit. He's up there for sure, probably the best american. You also have guys like Hamid Sourian and Alexander Karelin, and watching Saitiev beat a prime Romero was something else.

Islam's point was that the cage/wall makes a big difference.

He has more trips and stand ups from there.
Pure wrestling matches don't occur inside a cage, sir.

These guys talk a big game and so do their fanboys but I've never ever ever seen these guys have a true wrestling match against a top notch wrestler from Murica that wasn't a child.

What? He was in that brawl with Mcgregor at 229.

And Khabib being a crazy mofo is what made him likeable.
Guess you are right, he seemed less unhinged than the rest tho and if the situation was reversed and it was him in the cage I don't think he'd do what Khabib did. He basically just backed up his buddy/teammate.

Last edited:
I actually find him several times more likeable than Khabib, seems like a nice guy, doesn't get into stupid out of the cage scraps, no trash talking etc..
He’s just more genuine and takes himself less seriously than Khabib.

Ever since, khabib was preaching about god /positivity/being a bigger person and proceeded to have a period over dildo danis saying mean words within moments later, he always rubbed off on me as a smug pretentious asswipe. His criticism of ring girls and his religious shoving down everyone’s throats doesn’t help either especially when mma is haram 😂.

All in all, not to mention, without that Mcregor fight, he wouldn’t be as mainstream in pop culture as he is, he’d be another Frankie Edgar to the general public (hardly relevant).

Back