This photo has more galaxies then any other photo ever taken

We are a single planet, out of ten. (FUCK YOU PLUTO COUNTS)

Around one star, out of 100 billion in the galaxy.

One galaxy, out of 1300 in the local cluster.

One cluster, out of the 10000 in the local supercluster.

One supercluster, out of the 100 million or so that are likely to exists.

We ain't shit son.
tenor.gif

I think any civilization capable of traveling to earth from thousands of light years away would have absolutely nothing to gain from visiting us. They'd be so advanced it would be pointless
I think the idea is less about aliens not existing in the universe, but that it's practically impossible for us to ever have any kind of interaction with them because they would be so far away. Or they're creationists and it doesn't matter how many other planets there are.

I wonder if someone 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 miles away is browsing on shuredog.com and thinking about me.

By that time all the entropy would have occurred, and matter would be broken down into simple states once again.. And all the galaxies themselves will be cold and dark. That's when the black hole vacuum cleaners get to work. Eventually the only force left will be those from the giant black holes at the centers of galaxies, and they will stop the expansion and start attracting to each other slowly. They will very slowly (if anything is around to measure the time, if not it will just be mathematical certainty playing out with no time passing at all) begin to merge into each other. The more black holes that merge into each other, the stronger the gravity. Finally, all the broken down matter and energy that ever existed in this set will merge into one singularity when the last two black holes merge together. Once there is only one singularity left with no more reactions able to take place, creating an impossible or unstable quantum state where no observation or reaction is possible, BOOM.

Now you know. You're welcome.
Nope, black holes will eventually evaporate via Hawking radiation. For a small black hole, that takes 10^67 years- significantly longer than the age of the universe. Larger black holes will take much longer still.

But the greater problem is universe expansion. Galaxies are flying apart from each other due to the expansion of space, and the further they are from an observer (the Milky Way, in this case) the faster they're disappearing. The furthest ones will expand away FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT. That means the light from their stars will never reach us. At this point (trillions of years from now), each galaxy will exist by itself with no light from any other galaxy detectable. Gravity has no effect at this point. They are by all practical definitions, gone. There is no meaningful way to detect, measure, or calculate their existence.

"Merging" again will be mathematically, logically, scientifically impossible.

Nope, black holes will eventually evaporate via Hawking radiation. For a small black hole, that takes 10^67 years- significantly longer than the age of the universe. Larger black holes will take much longer still.

But the greater problem is universe expansion. Galaxies are flying apart from each other due to the expansion of space, and the further they are from an observer (the Milky Way, in this case) the faster they're disappearing. The furthest ones will expand away FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT. That means the light from their stars will never reach us. At this point (trillions of years from now), each galaxy will exist by itself with no light from any other galaxy detectable. Gravity has no effect at this point. They are by all practical definitions, gone. There is no meaningful way to detect, measure, or calculate their existence.

"Merging" again will be mathematically, logically, scientifically impossible.

Yeah I guess that's the latest rumor.

There probably hundreds of thousands of planets out there that have life living in it. There nothing special about planet earth really. It just doesn't make sense for the universe to be so extremely large and have one planet with life. I just don't believe it. It's like saying you only knew one small part of the world, but completely unaware there other parts of the world that can have life in it. That's what happened in the past.
Hundreds of thousands? There are 300 BILLION stars in our galaxy alone. And most stars have planets. If even 1% of those planets have life, then we're looking at millions of candidates. And that's a conservative guess.

And there are over 100 billion galaxies in the observable universe. And most of them have a similar amount of stars. Now do the math and see why it's statistically assured that the universe is teeming with life. Though life on another galaxy might as well not exist because there's no way to confirm or interact with it. We can however, detect life on this one. The new Webb telescope launching in 2021 is designed to look for "life markers" on distant planets by detecting for wavelengths in the atmosphere.

Yeah I guess that's the latest rumor.
No, it's confirmed fact.
hst_udf_big.jpg

Measurable through increasing red shift of furthest bodies. There is no coming back closer together. It is a fundamental truth of this universe.

I think any civilization capable of traveling to earth from thousands of light years away would have absolutely nothing to gain from visiting us. They'd be so advanced it would be pointless
it's also silly to think an advanced life form would travel with their physical bodies on a ship to come here. If anything, it would just be probes with AI. Or something far more advanced we cant even conceive. But it's not dudes riding in ships, that's for sure.

No, it's confirmed fact.
hst_udf_big.jpg

Measurable through increasing red shift of furthest bodies. There is no coming back closer together. It is a fundamental truth of this universe.

I'm aware of the expansion and the fundamental laws of thermodynamics.

Hundreds of thousands? There are 300 BILLION stars in our galaxy alone. And most stars have planets. If even 1% of those planets have life, then we're looking at millions of candidates. And that's a conservative guess.

And there are over 100 billion galaxies in the observable universe. And most of them have a similar amount of stars. Now do the math and see why it's statistically assured that the universe is teeming with life. Though life on another galaxy might as well not exist because there's no way to confirm or interact with it. We can however, detect life on this one. The new Webb telescope launching in 2021 is designed to look for "life markers" on distant planets by detecting for wavelengths in the atmosphere.

lol yeah I was being ultra conservative with my estimation. I was going to say millions but changed to hundreds of thousands. But the point is there are so many planets out there that can have life even if it was just a small microbe of life teeming.

bUT AliENS r nOT ReaLL

itZZ juST uS bro. no pr0oif anytHing Else is OUt tHere

my favorite arguments to get into is with people that think intelligent life only happened once, and thats here on Earth, out of the trillions of potential planets in the known universe. A few people here are guilty of that, I'm sure they will be here soon.

Fun fact: galaxies are moving farther and farther away from eachother. I believe I read that eventually(hundreds of billions to trillions of years) everything will be so spread so far apart, that intelligent beings wont even be able to see any other galaxies outside of theirs. to them, it will look like it is just their solar system. all alone. in the entire universe. can you imagine?

Just because other galaxies exist doesn't mean aliens exist

You can't use that as proof

There is ONE reason they might come phtsicallt here

it's also silly to think an advanced life form would travel with their physical bodies on a ship to come here. If anything, it would just be probes with AI. Or something far more advanced we cant even conceive. But it's not dudes riding in ships, that's for sure.

Had a lot of fun reading through this thread. and honestly, find a lot of this stuff really interesting. Read through some of the Fermi and Drake equation info (interests me) Need some sort of thread with links to this kind of stuff. does something that already exist here somewhere?

I tell alotof folks about an experience I had 4 months ago or so. Not many believed me

I accidently astral projected myself to another planet in another galaxy. I ended up in an outpost in the desert. The "aliens" were human just like us. They were in a war but I was not around to witness any battles. Me and 2 people walked around the outpost and they told me of their situation. Somehow I understood their language and spoke their language. It's like my mind adapted to be able to communicate. They were amazed at the type of clothes I was wearing

They were more technologically advanced then us but not by much. Their equipment looked old and rusty but more advanced..

I have never been able to astral project myself again. I have researched and tried but with no luck. I wanted to go back but I can't make it happen

How do you get this figure 23.6 sextillion?
If we have 400 Billion planets in our galaxy and then there's between 100-200 billions of galaxies that's what scientists estimate.

Last edited:
bUT AliENS r nOT ReaLL

itZZ juST uS bro. no pr0oif anytHing Else is OUt tHere

my favorite arguments to get into is with people that think intelligent life only happened once, and thats here on Earth, out of the trillions of potential planets in the known universe. A few people here are guilty of that, I'm sure they will be here soon.

Fun fact: galaxies are moving farther and farther away from eachother. I believe I read that eventually(hundreds of billions to trillions of years) everything will be so spread so far apart, that intelligent beings wont even be able to see any other galaxies outside of theirs. to them, it will look like it is just their solar system. all alone. in the entire universe. can you imagine?

Not entirely true. We're moving closer and closer to Andromeda. Collision course, we gonna join Chester

Innn thee ennnnnd

Back