This Should Be Brock Lesnar's Entrance Music When He Fights Cormier

Like Tyron Woodley - the champ with most defenses in UFC today.
And he fought Till - a top 5 fighters who got off the win over #1 contender.

And no one watched. Absolutely no one.
I suppose it's time I finally admit to myself that this isn't a real sport and nobody cares anymore about legitimacy.

If you were intelligent you would have asked me something harder to google, not that I did google it because it's common knowledge among Iron Maiden fans what the song is about.

I assure you there is no panic here. Why would you even think that? Do you panic when somebody asks you a question about an Iron Maiden song? Here your question: In what key is Iron Maiden's "Flight Of Icarus"?

No clue, I'm not really good with musical instruments TBH.
Unlike you, pretending to have a band.

Right now I'm singing this song to my son though. I love it

I suppose it's time I finally admit to myself that this isn't a real sport and nobody cares anymore about legitimacy.

You have PFL.
No one watches it either, but the matchups are purely based on rankings. And rankings - on effectiveness of performance.

You have PFL.
No one watches it either, but the matchups are purely based on rankings. And rankings - on effectiveness of performance.
Stop being so reasonable, I'm trying to bitch about something I can't control, over here

No clue, I'm not really good with musical instruments TBH.
Unlike you, pretending to have a band.

Right now I'm singing this song to my son though. I love it

I like this song too. If Brock Lesnar were to use an Iron Maiden song for his entrance music for his next fight and you could choose which one of their songs he uses, which one would you choose?

I like this song too. If Brock Lesnar were to use an Iron Maiden song for his entrance music for his next fight and you could choose which one of their songs he uses, which one would you choose?

The song that fits mostly to his career? "Wasted years"

Maiden are the GOAT and their music need not be sullied in being used for UFC entrances imo. Their songs are too epic.

The ones I could possibly see though are The Trooper and Flight of the Icarus.

Your attitude reminds me of Frank Herbert's attitude regarding Iron Maiden wanting to name this song "Dune." He felt that his book would be sullied if a heavy metal band named one of their songs after it. In reality, not only would naming the song "Dune" not have "sullied" his novel of the same name, but he should have been happy that Iron Maiden wanted to name one of their best songs "Dune." The song still mentions Dune twice in the lyrics and it became common knowledge among Maiden fans that To Tame A Land was about Dune. That exposed a whole new group of people to his book and led many people to buy his book and read it only because Iron Maiden wrote a song about it. It amounted to tremendously successful free advertising for Dune. Frank Herbert was too shortsighted to see the benefits though just like you're too shortsighted to see the benefits that would come from Brock Lesnar using To Tame A Land as his entrance music on the night he fights Cormier.

Regarding their songs being "too epic", while some of their songs certainly qualify as epics since they meet the criteria of being long and being about heroic adventures, Iron Maiden also has very standard length songs which aren't about heroic adventures. "To Tame A Land" easily qualifies as an epic song but songs such as "Running Free", "2 Minutes To Midnight" and "Number Of The Beast" (from the album of the same name) while certainly great songs aren't long enough to qualify as epics nor can the subject matter of those songs be correctly described as "epic."

That's clever. Did you know that "Stranger In A Strange Land" was dedicated to CM Punk's time spent in The UFC?

LOL dude, how old was CM Punk when this song was written? Was he even born back then?

LOL dude, how old was CM Punk when this song was written? Was he even born back then?

OK, this I did google (still no panic though) and when the Somewhere In Time album with that song was released, CM Punk was about a month away from turning 8 years old. So I suppose had they dedicated that song to CM Punk's short and ill-fated tenure in The UFC it would have had to have been after consulting an omniscient psychic which in itself sounds like the basis for an Iron Maiden song.

I love iron maiden I played heaps of their covers in high school. That album also had their absolute worst song...quest for fire.
I'd love to see a fighter come out to Deicide - In Hell I Burn with Pride style entrances (kinda like pro wrestling)
Pride entrances is what we need. Not the generic ones they give us now. Some fighters try to make it interesting, but nothing beats PRIDE.

Which is called "Clairvoyant".

Come on, dude...

Somehow I'd forgotten that one. Maybe subconsciously I was thinking about it though or I probably wouldn't have made that comment.

There ave been a pretty fair number of bands with as many albums as Iron Maiden has but it's amazing how many good songs they have. It's very common for bands to have a couple songs an an album that they expect or at least hope will be hits, and then have a lot of songs that are basically just "filler" so they can release an entire album. With Iron Maiden's albums though, if there is any filler at all on their albums it's typically only one or at most two songs. I haven't heard all of their more recent albums but I have every single one from their debut up to and including "Somewhere In Time" and the quality of those albums is remarkably consistent from the opening tracks to the final tracks on each one of them.

Their style changed some on Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (is Clairvoyant on that album?) with the use of some keyboards and a move away from the heaviness of their previous material to a more prog rock sound. I didn't think it was exactly bad, but maybe a little tedious and overall just not as exciting to me as their first six albums.

Somehow I'd forgotten that one. Maybe subconsciously I was thinking about it though or I probably wouldn't have made that comment.

There ave been a pretty fair number of bands with as many albums as Iron Maiden has but it's amazing how many good songs they have. It's very common for bands to have a couple songs an an album that they expect or at least hope will be hits, and then have a lot of songs that are basically just "filler" so they can release an entire album. With Iron Maiden's albums though, if there is any filler at all on their albums it's typically only one or at most two songs. I haven't heard all of their more recent albums but I have every single one from their debut up to and including "Somewhere In Time" and the quality of those albums is remarkably consistent from the opening tracks to the final tracks on each one of them.

Their style changed some on Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (is Clairvoyant on that album?) with the use of some keyboards and a move away from the heaviness of their previous material to a more prog rock sound. I didn't think it was exactly bad, but maybe a little tedious and overall just not as exciting to me as their first six albums.

I even love their Blaze material.

I just want him to use his WWE theme music. It sounds so destructive and fitting for a brute like him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back