This was a good fight and experience for Gustafsson

Ramificatio

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Gus did really well against the former UFC champ. Shogun came in motivated knowing this was probably his last shot at getting back to a title fight.

Gustafssons chin was tested, he was in trouble on the ground from the leg locks a couple of times. It was a scrappy back and forth fight. Shogun like moving forward pressuring his opponent's and Gus was right there not backing down or being scared to trade.

He needed a fight like this if he's going to fight for the title.

Yea it was a really good fight. Man , you know there was a thread questioning Gustafsson's chin, now we know haha, now we know.

Yea it was a really good fight. Man , you know there was a thread questioning Gustafsson's chin, now we know haha, now we know.

LOL... He answered "I have" to the sherdoggers question about his chin....huhuhuh

That was the most competitive fight of the main card, at least for the first half. Gus will most likely get glover if he beats rampage next in a true title eliminator.

Yeh you dont see many people walk off Shoguns punches

Great fight, both guys showed great heart and nice exchanges, close two rounds, but then Shogun became depleted and tired in the 3rd.

Crazy chin, crazy takedowns, nice reverses. Just looked really strong in there. He did seem a little starstruck early on and I saw his hands wasn't really there at first. Good fight! Only thing I was worried about was his chin and that wasn't something I'll ever worry about again.

I was kind of surprised too how many shots he took and seemed fine with taking those shots from Shogun.

Back