Thoughts about Colby going to 155 division?

Poirier is much more fluffy and water bloated when he gets to 190 lbs. Colby is always in shape and walks 183. I don’t think he could ever make LW safely

Colby can probably make the cut but he wouldn't be fighting at the crazy pace that he does. Only person that is much bigger and able to deal with the pace is Usman. Colby needs to find his secret method.

I doubt he could make 155, I think he could get to 165, and is a slightly undersized WW, but too big for 155. I think he was just talking shit.
I agree I'm not convinced that he can make 155 and even if he could I think there's a good chance his cardio would be diminished which is one of his best assets. Who knows, maybe it's worth a shot. It would definitely shake up the LW division a bit if he could make the weight and perform well

Colby doesn't have a choice, either 155 or linger in the top 3 with Usman and Edwards until Usman retires. And then he has Khamzat to deal with.

He fits in that division perfectly, and there are sooooo many good matchups for him there. The fact that he's been a big handful for Usman twice tells me that he could definitely be champ there too.

The only fight I'm interested in seeing him take at WW at this point is Masvidal if he beats Edwards.

I agree. If guys like Khabib, Poirier, and Micheal can make 155 then so can Colby.

Colby losing another 15 lbs? Ouch

Can he even make LW?

problem is LW is way better than WW. this is why journeymen LWs go there to get in contention.

Colbys not a journeyman. You cant tell me he doesnt beat guys like Dariush, Ferguson, Hooker, Mcgregor and Cdf.

Also him vs Islam, Gaethje, Poirier and Oliveira would be very competitive.

Covington would have no energy left making the weight cut. He hasn't fought Edwards, Masvidal, Wonderboy and other top tier fighters yet.

Colby is a natural WW and fighting where he should be.

It's the weight cut monsters like Usman who should be fighting in another division, but I guess that'll never change until someone dies on the scale and they re-tool the divisions.

Colbys not a journeyman. You cant tell me he doesnt beat guys like Dariush, Ferguson, Hooker, Mcgregor and Cdf.

Also him vs Islam, Gaethje, Poirier and Oliveira would be very competitive.
Islam Dariush Gaethje and Olivieira all beat him. He can maybe get achieve top 5 but that's it. This ain't WW where you can get a title shot beating up a 45 year old maia or out of prime lightweight RDA.

He’s at the top of the WW division. Not everyone needs to drain their bodies to be competitive.

If Colby could cut down to 155 and perform at an acceptable level, I think he would.

I think the cut to 155 would drain him bad. He wouldn't be able to put on that pace, and he would have a weak chin

15lb is a lot to lose for a guy <6'.

Especially one who is pretty ripped up at 170- not like he's soft looking at all like some guys. He'd have nothing to lose but muscle and that can be difficult and have might mess with his physicality/awareness of what he can do.

I think that'd be pretty difficult for him. He's got one of those mesomorph frames, not a lanky one or one with any fat to spare.

Back