Movies Thoughts on 'Die Hard'

Rate it.

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
One of the greatest action flicks of all-time. I believe it could be the best.

Alan Rickman is just captivating and brilliant in this film.

No one else imo can do a better performance of the character Hans Gruber.

Bruce Willis was highly entertaining, besides the action scenes he had some very good clever/funny remarks.

The whole movie is full of funny moments, making it so brilliant that it is. It's a great blend of action, drama, suspense, comedy.

Thoughts?

10/10

Welcome to Sherdog Pal

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u3.jpg

I would argue there actually ended up being many more Die Hard clones than we realise because IMHO the setup wasnt just about a heist in some kind of confined location it was as much about the hero and the villain playing cat and mouse. I think a lot of what made Die Hard stand out is just how much of Hans story we see shown to us, there are a few supprises like the FBI breaking the vault or the plot to blow up the hostages but generally the bad guys are not shadowy villians but rather people we see making rivals plots to the hero.

Something like say Hard Target I think has a lot of Die Hard in it the way we see Lance and his minions plotting so much, the same kind of film made a decade earlier he'd likely to have not been revealed as much.

I would argue there actually ended up being many more Die Hard clones than we realise because IMHO the setup wasnt just about a heist in some kind of confined location it was as much about the hero and the villain playing cat and mouse. I think a lot of what made Die Hard stand out is just how much of Hans story we see shown to us, there are a few supprises like the FBI breaking the vault or the plot to blow up the hostages but generally the bad guys are not shadowy villians but rather people we see making rivals plots to the hero.

Something like say Hard Target I think has a lot of Die Hard in it the way we see Lance and his minions plotting so much, the same kind of film made a decade earlier he'd likely to have not been revealed as much.

I heard they was going to make a prequel film, called "What about Hans"

I was happy to see this in theaters last year, it's a high 8/10 for me

Just a really great movie that is a must watch around Christmas

Thank you TS for making the poll with 10 being a masterpiece

It really grinds my gears when dragonlord doesn't

Die hard did ok as a movie.

One of the greatest action flicks of all-time. I believe it could be the best.

Alan Rickman is just captivating and brilliant in this film.

No one else imo can do a better performance of the character Hans Gruber.

Bruce Willis was highly entertaining, besides the action scenes he had some very good clever/funny remarks.

The whole movie is full of funny moments, making it so brilliant that it is. It's a great blend of action, drama, suspense, comedy.

Thoughts?
So it was Marvel before Marvel. Then agsin Marvel is no longer Marvel they are Disney woke stooges commiting franchise suicide now a days though.

Speed was Die Hard on a bus

Passenger 57 is Die Hard on a plane

Phone Booth was Die Hard in a phone booth

Great film. The whole series is very up and down which kind of sucks. First one is great, Second is hot garbage. Third and fourth are both great. Fifth one is horrible.

Speed was Die Hard on a bus

Passenger 57 is Die Hard on a plane

Phone Booth was Die Hard in a phone booth
Indeed, stuff like Under Siege and Cliff Hanger as well done by the director of Die Hard 2 but again I think its not just about a villains plot in a confined location, its also that the film gives us a lot of focus on the villain generally.

That you essentially end up with a cat and mouse game were both hero and villain have rival plots, that's not really what was typical pre Die Hard but it became very wide spread afterwards, giving us a window into the villains perspective far more.

Back