Thoughts on having a major talent?

I did pursue the stardom, turns out I didnt have the talent

I should give that a try. Doesn't seem hard to make a hit country song. There's an easy formula to follow.
Pretty much what he said. They paid the bills though. He got fulfillment from working with unsigned acts playing clubs in town and would just churn out a basic ass chord progression with a different mad lib of beer, trucks, girls when called upon.

i'd love to be rich but i dont wanna be famous, except for the chicks
I always say I'd like to be Jeff Bridges level famous. You're famous enough that your respected and you can always get a table, but not so famous that you can't go out and do regular people shit without being hounded.

Why the hell would I work a regular job I hate if I had the talent to make 100x more doing something I enjoy?
When what you enjoy becomes your job it has a tendency to get less enjoyable.

It doesn't matter how much talent you have. What matters is if you know who the power brokers are and if they are satisfied with your sexual favors.

They said "follow your heart" but sometimes your heart cuts a fart...

lol talent doesnt mean sh it, the people who make it are the hard working ones, talent makes for all the under achievers who like to make a romantic conversation about this so call "talent" that will take them to stardom, but they never make it , because as I said the ones who make it are the hard working ones who wouldnt even be talking about it

I wonder how royalties pay out for song writers?

There are parallels to my career in boxing & my son's in the music industry. But my son has a lot more pure talent as a lighting designer than I did as a fighter IMO. But I took the physical attributes that I had ( a very sturdy chin, a hard head & a wide, strong neck as well as a good power ) & combined it with always being in excellent condition to get where I did. Which wasn't particularly far as a fighter but I was able to get steady work as a sparring partner with many top-notch fighters. I wasn't in the spotlight but I mixed with some of the best of the world in my own way.

My son, on the other hand, has a natural talent for lighting design & he's been working with some of the biggest acts in music since he was just 18 years old. He's only 22 now but he's making more money now than I ever did as a fighter or a sparring partner. And he doesn't have to take a beating every day. So, needless to say, I'm proud as hell of him.

I wonder how royalties pay out for song writers?

These days they're very well paid as opposed to in years past when they would get ripped off by the industry. I believe now every time a track is sold the writer/composer makes nine or ten cents plus they get a percentage every time a song is performed live or played online. This all adds up to be pretty lucrative if the song is a hit. So, if a songwriter is good enough to have their songs recorded by multiple artists & those recordings are popular/successful then it adds up to quite a bit of revenue.

i'd love to be rich but i dont wanna be famous, except for the chicks

They say the worst thing to be is famous and poor, you might still get pussy then though.

My talent is mathematics, as talents go it's pretty useful. Would love to be able to fight or be a musician but not many have that talent ha ha

i would love to be a top songwriter/producer ,but talent will barely get you through the door.

I would attempt to use my talent without making myself super famous. For example being a songwriter, music producer, or director rather than rockstar or actor. Being extremely famous doesn't appeal to me. Being a C level celebrity for being a standout in my field would be alright. It'd be cool to be recognized by enthusiasts every now and then. I would not like to be recognized by everyone all of the time.

I was heavily involved in the music industry in the mid 2000's and had some chances to really give it a shot. I realized...thankfully...that I want zero part of that fame. One weekend I was hanging out with T-Pain just before he really popped and he said something really poignant. He said, "I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to be in places like this soon. Everyone will know me and I won't know anyone. I don't know who I'll trust...but I'll be rich!"

Nah I'm good.

Back