Thoughts on Lavato Jr?

AgonyandIrony

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So. I put in my two weeks today. Working a shit job six days a week, that's cut massively into my time on the mat and had to give up an instructor job because of it. Boss was an asshole to me and talked down to me for the last time and I let him have it verbally.

So I'm making a move, I can't really leave the state until next March after a World Pizza Competition so I'm probably going to move to OKC and one of the big appeals is Lavato BJJ.

So what can f12 tell me about Mr. Lovato. Reddit seems to always be bitching about how he markets himself and his school but Reddit is pretty lame anyway.

So give me the rundown fellow grapplers.

I can only address no-gi, and I've never trained with him, but:

He's among the best American grapplers ever.

He's also already produced multiple ADCC standouts.

You would be very hard pressed to find a better American grappling coach.

from his instructionals he's a awesome teacher! he really explains the details very well.

Really good teacher who is passionate about the sport. He is knowledgeable and able to transfer that knowledge in his teaching.His team does very well with competitors medalling at most belts n the larger tournaments. I've trained all over and I'd put them in the top 20 academies in the US.

Great teacher. Went to one of his seminars. Explains things really well.

Hate his marketing but love the pressure passing system DVD. One of my favorite instructionals. Haven't seen the others but I'm a fan.

He is an amazing instructor and a great training partner.

He is basically the only guy I fantasize about doing a training camp with

Nice thanks guys. And yeah, realized I spelled the name wrong after I submitted it but don't know how to edit the title. Yeah it's amazing he has a gym in OKC. It's a three hour move for me, away from my friends and gf, but I feel like it would be a great life decision.

Oh and kg I compete at the World Pizza Games in Las Vegas in dough acrobatics, placed #2 in the world last year. If I win first, the nine grand could allow me to move anywhere so I'm really stoked about it.

Nice thanks guys. And yeah, realized I spelled the name wrong after I submitted it but don't know how to edit the title. Yeah it's amazing he has a gym in OKC. It's a three hour move for me, away from my friends and gf, but I feel like it would be a great life decision.

Oh and kg I compete at the World Pizza Games in Las Vegas in dough acrobatics, placed #2 in the world last year. If I win first, the nine grand could allow me to move anywhere so I'm really stoked about it.

That is fucking great! Can you please record it? I'd love to see your moves.

What is the ethnic breakdown of the games? 97% Italian or what?

Is he any relation to Lovato Jr?

this-fucking-guy-gif.881

So...competitive dough tossing officially pays better than BJJ.

Oh and kg I compete at the World Pizza Games in Las Vegas in dough acrobatics, placed #2 in the world last year.

Wait, are there other categories besides dough acrobatics at these World Pizza Games? This sounds like a magical event.

How does this even exist

I wouldn't really want to live in Oklahoma, but it sounds like you will be there no matter what.

If I were anywhere near OKC I would train there. Lovato Jr. is awesome and you got the OKC Thunder also. Some of the best sports fans in the country, and a great nasketball team. People love to give Rader shit, but he's a great dude and has a really good teaching style also. I don't know if Dopp or Puopolo teach but if they do, I bet they're good.

Back