Throwback to the Faber vs Kid days.

ThEiCeMaN6791

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I feel like not many newer fans know that Faber was the dominant featherweight champ for years. There was a time when he seemed unbeatable. Same for Kid Yamamoto but on the Asian circuit.

It’s a shame the fight never happened with all the hype surrounding it back in the day. Much appreciation for the two guys that put the lighter weight classes on the map.

I feel like not many newer fans know that Faber was the dominant featherweight champ for years. There was a time when he seemed unbeatable. Same for Kid Yamamoto but on the Asian circuit.

It’s a shame the fight never happened with all the hype surrounding it back in the day. Much appreciation for the two guys that put the lighter weight classes on the map.

Ya doesn't seem like it was that long ago. I'll always remember Tyson Griffin because when he signed with the UFC he was the "guy that knocked out Faber".

Man...when Kid was in his prime he was a fucking animal

Yeah, I remember watching him knowing he was likely the best at that weight class. His fights were a real treat because of it. Stay off the lawn if you weren't there.

That hype was real. But kid got injured and Faber got old. Those two guys though were fucking absolute beasts. MM vs either would have been a tight fight.

The kid that MM beat was slow and washed up.

Blame management?

giphy.gif

Lol, I have no idea who those scrubs are. All I know is Conor demolishes them at the same time.

meh.. i.always respected the manlets
but never watch their fights
its like flyweight on boxing.. just unreal midget sport..whereas less skilled heavier fighters put on more what youd call a 'fight'

meh.. i.always respected the manlets
but never watch their fights
its like flyweight on boxing.. just unreal midget sport..whereas less skilled heavier fighters put on more what youd call a 'fight'
The worst kind of fan.

The worst kind of fan.

says the ship who buy everything the ceo of the company tell him to buy. embrase the propaganda, defend it, even argue over it in the internet.
worst kind of human being.

says the ship who buy everything the ceo of the company tell him to buy. embrase the propaganda, defend it, even argue over it in the internet.
worst kind of human being.
Is that even English?

Back