Throwdown Elite Vintage 2.0 thoughts?

JM_Zen

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So as I was still searching for bag gloves I stumbled upon these. They cost just about 65 euros in Greece and the site says they are made of leather. The problem is I cannot find any reviews on the internet, no thoughts on knuckle and wrist protection, durability and feel. They come in 12 and 14 oz. Anyone that has owned or used and can comment on these?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71SN+GxRdwL._SL1028_.jpg

IIRC, they are super bulky, even more bulky than the Twins, right..? Are you sure you'd like that on bags? Personal preference of course, but I like to use smaller gloves for better technique, as hitting the bag you are going to land no matter what anyway.

IIRC, they are super bulky, even more bulky than the Twins, right..? Are you sure you'd like that on bags? Personal preference of course, but I like to use smaller gloves for better technique, as hitting the bag you are going to land no matter what anyway.
Hello Fossil how are you? I posted this because I had no idea about those gloves whether it is bag work or sparring. They seem bulkier than the 12 oz Twins but I held down on the twins because a friend of mine commented on his pair of bgvl3 about the knuckle position. I guess thai gloves tend to have the knuckle position a bit at the back compared to western boxing gloves so these seemed a bit better in that case, but still I couldn't find anything regarding how well they are worth the price of 65 euros (BGVL3 costs about 100 euros in Greece and it is ok for me). For lighter bag gloves I think I would consider the Tokushus or the Rival Ultra if I cannot find anything that is more value for money since I think they are both a bit overpriced.

p.s. I had a post where you did comment on getting the Fairtex BGV9 and I found out that Muai Thai Fighting ships them from Thailand to Greece for a low cost, about 95 euros with everything included (quite cheap considering that the Tokushu cost 125 euros and the RB1 costs 109 euros here), but they have some shipping problems since April and no idea when they will arrive. Thus I asked about the Takedowns since they can arrive in 3 days, seem to have more of a western boxing profile, come to a logical cost but with no reviews out there.

Hello Fossil how are you? I posted this because I had no idea about those gloves whether it is bag work or sparring. They seem bulkier than the 12 oz Twins but I held down on the twins because a friend of mine commented on his pair of bgvl3 about the knuckle position. I guess thai gloves tend to have the knuckle position a bit at the back compared to western boxing gloves so these seemed a bit better in that case, but still I couldn't find anything regarding how well they are worth the price of 65 euros (BGVL3 costs about 100 euros in Greece and it is ok for me). For lighter bag gloves I think I would consider the Tokushus or the Rival Ultra if I cannot find anything that is more value for money since I think they are both a bit overpriced.

p.s. I had a post where you did comment on getting the Fairtex BGV9 and I found out that Muai Thai Fighting ships them from Thailand to Greece for a low cost, about 95 euros with everything included (quite cheap considering that the Tokushu cost 125 euros and the RB1 costs 109 euros here), but they have some shipping problems since April and no idea when they will arrive. Thus I asked about the Takedowns since they can arrive in 3 days, seem to have more of a western boxing profile, come to a logical cost but with no reviews out there.

I'm good thanks! ;)

That sucks about the shipping..you would love the Fairtex BGV9's knuckle position, I can make the best fist in those between all the gloves I have.

I don't know too much about these Takedown, but iirc someone mentioned they were on the stiff side. Also they look like a Thai gloves profile to me, from the thumb to everything, so I think if you avoiding Thai style gloves, these probably won't do it.

They look so damn sweet though, if you really need a pair of gloves fast, you could try them and tell us how they do after. lol I really don't know enough to say they are good or bad, always want to know more. :D

I'm good thanks! ;)

That sucks about the shipping..you would love the Fairtex BGV9's knuckle position, I can make the best fist in those between all the gloves I have.

I don't know too much about these Takedown, but iirc someone mentioned they were on the stiff side. Also they look like a Thai gloves profile to me, from the thumb to everything, so I think if you avoiding Thai style gloves, these probably won't do it.

They look so damn sweet though, if you really need a pair of gloves fast, you could try them and tell us how they do after. lol I really don't know enough to say they are good or bad, always want to know more. :D

I know they look awesome :D but I didn't realize the thai profile. Probably will post something about them if I get a chance to try them in Athens. I will buy the Tokushus. Any info on what oz I should get? I'm 1.75 meters tall about 79 kilos. Do you have any advice?

I know they look awesome :D but I didn't realize the thai profile. Probably will post something about them if I get a chance to try them in Athens. I will buy the Tokushus. Any info on what oz I should get? I'm 1.75 meters tall about 79 kilos. Do you have any advice?

The Regenesis?

Bag gloves sizes are really a matter of preference tbh, they can be as low as 4oz.

But if I were you, I would get the 16oz. 1, that I believe they are a compact gloves and likely to be under weigh. 2, that you definitely would not be considered as a lightweight 3, that once you have other gloves for bag work, you can still swap them out to be sparring gloves.

I haven't got my Regenesis arrived at my house yet, they are on the way. So I don't know everything inside out about them.

Here is Cruz with the 14 oz, he is 173 cm, fights at 135lb (61kg) and probably walk around 150 lb max. So..16oz should be the best option for you imo.

zJVLSIT.jpg

Keep in mind that Hayabusa has recently renew their tokushu line, the Regenesis has officially retired, their new line up is called the T3. Idk if you prefer one or another. But you can take a look.
iyIKVLN.jpg

Do we know if the new Tokushus still have the same thumb as the old models?

Back