Thunderhead's 'No Thunderheads Allowed' Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eat a croque Monsieur (I surely spelled it wrong). It's like a ham and cheese and egg sandwich covered with butter and melted cheese. It's all I ate when I went there.

I'm not a fan of French wine but I'd drink the fuck out of it in France. Have an awesome trip.

I will look for it. Cheers, wolfey.

I'm not even sure if tacos are a thing over here or not lol.

Yes, they are. Because it's not the 1980s any more.

The UK is a cosmopolitan and multi-cultural place. People can and do eat pretty much every world cuisine that exists.

Yes, they are. Because it's not the 1980s any more.

The UK is a cosmopolitan and multi-cultural place. People can and do eat pretty much every world cuisine that exists.
I just heard about this crazy new stuff they are calling "Chinese Food"....might give that a try one of these days.

I just heard about this crazy new stuff they are calling "Chinese Food"....might give that a try one of these days.

Have you heard about something called "curry"? I think you have to go to London to try it. I heard it has rice in it. But not like in rice pudding. Sounds like fancy foreign muck.

Have you heard about something called "curry"? I think you have to go to London to try it. I heard it has rice in it. But not like in rice pudding. Sounds like fancy foreign muck.

I went to a Lebanese restaraunt the other night. I was really excited at first but was soon disappointed. There weren't any women there, let alone ones kissing, and they just served me lots of flavourful, aromatic and delicious food. 2/10

I went to a Lebanese restaraunt the other night. I was really excited at first but was soon disappointed. There weren't any women there, let alone ones kissing, and they just served me lots of flavourful, aromatic and delicious food. 2/10

At the very least I would have expected a bit of civil war, maybe being kidnapped by Hezbullah. Disappoint.

I'm not even sure if tacos are a thing over here or not lol.

I hope they are...because a world without tacos is a world I don't want to live in.

My wife makes them here, she takes rib meat, makes guacamole, gets sharp cheddar cheese and makes the tortillas and then cooks them in a pan.

They are incredible. My friends are always hinting that we should make tacos and invite them over for dinner.

I hope they are...because a world without tacos is a world I don't want to live in.

My wife makes them here, she takes rib meat, makes guacamole, gets sharp cheddar cheese and makes the tortillas and then cooks them in a pan.

They are incredible. My friends are always hinting that we should make tacos and invite them over for dinner.

Wait are tacos the same as wraps?

It's the same concept, but you wouldn't call something like a club wrap a taco.

Okay. Actually happen to like wraps. Had some left over curry in a wrap once, was nice. I love how you can put basically anything you want in them.

My chickens are not outside in the coop. Now I just hope mr. coyote can't manipulate door knobs.

I would consider a taco-like wrap to be a burrito. A taco is a small tortilla folded in half. And yeah it has to have Mexican or at least Tex-mex ingredients.

Nurse, do you mean they are "now" in the coop? Because if they are not in the coop I think Mr Coyote might have already paid a visit.

Just got out of a focus group. Got $85 to talk about politics for 2 hours.

Its Taco tuesday at the WALK in West Asheville tomorrow. 1.25 crispy corn shell tacos with legit local grass fed beef. I usually get 8 of them and a double hendricks gin and tonic. Perfect post training nom noms

Yeah tacos are the shit. They are a staple back home in New Mexico. My favorite is this place that has steak and enchiladas for breakfast...completely smothered in red and green chilli (i think you only really get that chilli in New Mexico, everywhere else is jalapeños and salsa).

About a year ago I went to a beer festival and one of the food trucks was serving fish tacos (how hipster does that sound???). I was a bit drunk but goddamn they were good. Ever since I've been trying them at various restaurants and nothing matches those ones. I think the actual restaurant is at the St. Lawrence Market so I'll have to hit them up and see if they are as good sober.

Heresy mode- Mexican food (or Mexican food as you get it in Mexico) is one of the cuisines I don't especially like. I don't actively dislike it but I would never actually seek it out and would always want something else if at all possible. Tragically, for me, the other cuisine I have that feeling about is Middle-Eastern food.

Heresy mode- Mexican food (or Mexican food as you get it in Mexico) is one of the cuisines I don't especially like. I don't actively dislike it but I would never actually seek it out and would always want something else if at all possible. Tragically, for me, the other cuisine I have that feeling about is Middle-Eastern food.

images

Seriously, those are two of the best foods.

Despite my above post I actually had a Lebanese meal the other day, lamb tajine with pitta, lemon and herb chicken wings, some lightly fried halloumi and finally baklava. My housemate had some chicken shawarma which was insane. I guess maybe it's because you spend so much time in that part of the world you're burned out on it?

As for Mexican food, for me it's probably the GOAT so can't say any more there.

Although in the interest of disclosure I have to admit the one food that I have zero interest in eating is sushi. I've tried it from a few different places and it did nothing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back