Tiger vs Lion

Tiger vs Lion

• Total voters
I think Tiger because generally I think they're quite a bit bigger.

Otoh, lions are social and lions actually fight each other whilst tigers avoid other tigers and have no experience in fighting other big cats.

Tiger for sure. Bigger and more agile. Also they are used to fighting solitary while lions hunt in packs.

If only the Coliseum was still open for business. Btw, tiger.

Otoh, lions are social and lions actually fight each other whilst tigers avoid other tigers and have no experience in fighting other big cats.
Because tigers fight to kill not spar with other big cats. The aikido/seagal of the cat world.

I'd say Lion. Much better defensive fighters and fight well off their back. They're used to fighting off other top predators as well. Tigers are more hunters and they're pretty much the top of their food chain in their regions with little opposition. But the main difference is the mane. I saw an old video of the two put together to fight it out (I know, it was pretty cruel) but every time the tiger tried to go after the throat, all he got was a mouth full of mane. Eventually the tiger just gave up, and the lion came out relatively unharmed. The tiger definitely seemed more aggressive and ferocious, but he simply couldn't execute his plan due to the mouth full of hair he got every time. It was really interesting to watch. Now if it were a tiger vs a lioness that could be a different story.

The mane makes the lion the winner 7 of 10 times.

it is very difficult to land a killing blow to the lions neck as that is exactly why the mane is there.

3128d4f82cf1519c0978f67da77c553e--lion-kings-beautiful-cats.jpg

The mane makes the lion the winner 7 of 10 times.

it is very difficult to land a killing blow to the lions neck as that is exactly why the mane is there.

3128d4f82cf1519c0978f67da77c553e--lion-kings-beautiful-cats.jpg

Didn't know hair could be metal.

This has happened in zoos from time to time. If it's a male tiger, the tiger usually wins.

Tiger all day... go on youtube to see a few videos of the tigers beating lions.

Tigers destroy lions 9 out of 10 times. Romans have written about this too.

Tigers are larger, longer, have a much stronger bite, are more intelligent, quicker, longer teeth and claws, and kill predators without relying on others.

Tigers are built to fucking wreck shit.

nobody fucks with the king of the jungle, well maybe the hippos

ancient rome had these types of fights, right? the tiger won most of the time.

Back