Tim Sylvia in his prime

Like right after? 1 or 2 months after?

And I can tell you have gotten your butt kicked before so you can relate to the psychological damage a 37 second humiliation can do to someone.

Especially when Timmeh called the fight with Fedor the fight beforehand as the biggest fight of his career...
Yes, it was literally the fight after the fedor fight. Trouble comprehending that?

And yeah, timmay looked like shit against fedor, and worse against ray.

And yes, I’ve laced up the gloves and gotten the worse at times. Never had a 37 second knockout though. I have seen guys get knocked out and not be psychologically ruined. Aldo had a great performance against Frankie after getting humiliated in 13 seconds.

Why do these Goober threads always pop up every few months? Anyone that was around when Tim Sylvia was fighting knows that he was very... limited.

Francis was in his prime? Lol ok so 32 year old (not young) guy four years into his mma career (not prime) sounds like young and in prime to you?

here’s the only reasonably good young in their prime fighter he fought: Struve! Unfortunately Got knocked out and finished violently.

Francis had more pro fights under his belt than Stipe when he lost to Struve...and yet people like you paint Francis as a green babe in the woods to excuse him, then turn around instantly and smear Stipe for a loss than happened only two years into his career. Granted losing to Stipe is a lot more prestigious than losing to Struve. But even a great coming up can have a prospect loss against a not-so-great when the latter has three times the experience.

Yes, it was literally the fight after the fedor fight. Trouble comprehending that?

And yeah, timmay looked like shit against fedor, and worse against ray.

And yes, I’ve laced up the gloves and gotten the worse at times. Never had a 37 second knockout though. I have seen guys get knocked out and not be psychologically ruined. Aldo had a great performance against Frankie after getting humiliated in 13 seconds.
You are a moron. Peace.

Francis had more pro fights under his belt than Stipe when he lost to Struve...and yet people like you paint Francis as a green babe in the woods to excuse him, then turn around instantly and smear Stipe for a loss than happened only two years into his career. Granted losing to Stipe is a lot more prestigious than losing to Struve. But even a great coming up can have a prospect loss against a not-so-great when the latter has three times the experience.
for all I care You can wipe out the Struve loss or even the JDS (and this is a JDs coming off the worst beatings ever form Cain and showing visible CTE and damage) loss or dc and Francis defeats but the only question I asked that everyone is side stepping: name one good fighter Stipe beat in his illustrious career that was young and in his prime when Stipe beat them? Answer is none!

for all I care You can wipe out the Struve loss or even the JDS (and this is a JDs coming off the worst beatings ever form Cain and showing visible CTE and damage) loss or dc and Francis defeats but the only question I asked that everyone is side stepping: name one good fighter Stipe beat in his illustrious career that was young and in his prime when Stipe beat them? Answer is none!

Unfortunately, all the young in-prime fighters were busy losing to the old warhorses...

Nothing funnier than seeing people go "ohh, his ground game sucks and he is slow" when the division is full of ground game bums like Ngannu, Lewis, or slow, mediocre strikers like Volkov or staight up nobodies like Walt Harris, Sakai, Shamil.

If you don't think Sylvia is easily top 10 and probably easily top 5, you don't know shit about MMA.

No Goober....

To me I just think of him having a long jab and some right hand power. I’ll have to watch some footage, but he seems real stiff in my recollection.

I just watched the video TS submitted, two good fighters he beat in that video. Rico and Andre, the rest were not top elite fighters etc. He got lucky he recovered in the Andre fight and again lucky he didn’t get armbarred by Rico.

I don’t think TS can recognize real skill and talent. The guy had size, length, some power, but when he went up against the real elite...he would get smoked. Imo

Last edited:
Dumb donkeys like you were saying Tim’s size and reach were going to be a problem for Fedor and Fedor was scared of the UFC.

37 seconds later, Tim always sucked.

Name another fighter BEFORE the Fedor fight that destroyed Tim in under 1 minute.

Go ahead genius...enlighten.

{<hhh]

You seem very angry and bitter? How about Arlovski? Did you forget? Weird.

People who think Sylvia would beat Derrick Lewis are out of their mind as someone who saw him fight live, the guy sucked. Even after watching his "highlights" , the guy still sucked.

Lewis would murder Sylvia. He was terrible. Seriously, His striking is so bad that It's hard to put into words just how bad it is.

I don't understand this thread. I get people are nostlagic for the Just Bleed era but Sylvia was pretty medicore in that era as well.

You seem very angry and bitter? How about Arlovski? Did you forget? Weird.
Arlovski? Is this a joke? Tim beat him twice before ever fighting Fedor and you want to equate a heel hook submission to what Fedor did to Tim(TOTALLY DEMOLISH HIM on the feet and on the ground)??

GTFO here you goofball.

Arlovski? Is this a joke? Tim beat him twice before ever fighting Fedor and you want to equate a heel hook submission to what Fedor did to Tim(TOTALLY DEMOLISH HIM on the feet and on the ground)??

GTFO here you goofball.
Btw AA is still active and winning in today’s modern MMA. That only validates that a prime Timmeh would win here.

GTFO here you goofball.

What was your question again? Oh yeah....

"Name another fighter BEFORE the Fedor fight that destroyed Tim in under 1 minute.

Go ahead genius...enlighten."

Andrei Arlovski. Are you now even more mad that you were wrong and didn't know MMA history as well as you thought? Your smug, shitty comment backfired immediately. Weird, son.

In case you didn't see their first fight, Andrei knocked Tim down with one punch then submitted him pretty quickly. Yeah, it took Andrei 11 seconds longer than it took Fedor, but Tim was 29 years old and had an MMA record of 17-1 at the time, only losing to Frank Mir by technical submission when his arm broke. Was it under a minute? Yes. Did Andrei knock him down with ONE punch? Yes. Did he submit him after? Yes. Did he DEMOLISH HIM on the feet and on the ground? Yes. Was it BEFORE Fedor did it? Yes.

Man, fella, you probably need some ice for that butt. I'll wait.

What was your question again? Oh yeah....

"Name another fighter BEFORE the Fedor fight that destroyed Tim in under 1 minute.

Go ahead genius...enlighten."

Andrei Arlovski. Are you now even more mad that you were wrong and didn't know MMA history as well as you thought? Your smug, shitty comment backfired immediately. Weird, son.

In case you didn't see their first fight, Andrei knocked Tim down with one punch then submitted him pretty quickly. Yeah, it took Andrei 11 seconds longer than it took Fedor, but Tim was 29 years old and had an MMA record of 17-1 at the time, only losing to Frank Mir by technical submission when his arm broke. Was it under a minute? Yes. Did Andrei knock him down with ONE punch? Yes. Did he submit him after? Yes. Did he DEMOLISH HIM on the feet and on the ground? Yes. Was it BEFORE Fedor did it? Yes.

Man, fella, you probably need some ice for that butt. I'll wait.
giphy.gif

Back