Media Tim Sylvia wants money

nah, that 100% clearly a work related injury. We watched it happen in a fight. He shouldn’t have to handle that.

Edit - actually the more I think about it that should be on the hospital to fix it since they’re the ones that messed up the surgery.
Wonder if there was some sort of clause that they're only guaranteed for a certain amount of time, but good point.

Well he’s against healthcare for all so I guess just rub some Robitussin on it.

edit: Tim just blocked me bc I asked him why he’s asking for handouts when he’s so against it.
Good. What a nasty as fuck thing to say.

I don't know how the UFC could get out of not paying for that legally. Unless there is much more to this story.

That guy made some serious money in his career, how do you not have some set aside for your health when you were that hard on yourself physically for all those years

If I were him, I would file a very simple lawsuit. UFC are used to people with elaborate accusations and excuses.

I would tell them to settle out of court, or we can play a video of the Mir match. A jury of "regular" people will give me more than the $10,000. Way more. Just seeing that.

People over 40 pay that or more, unless you have really crappy insurance that wouldn't cover a surgery like this anyway.

Sadly most Americans are completely ignorant as to how much health insurance costs because their employers pay for most of it, and they think the "cost" is the tiny portion their employer asks them to pay.

My employer pays 20k a year for my health insurace, they could pay me that in extra wages if we had universal healthcare.
Wowww. Are there jobs that don't provide any health coverage? I've heard lower paying retail jobs didnt, but lately I've been hearing about big businesses that pay low, but offering coverage to great applause.

Good. What a nasty as fuck thing to say.
It would be if Tim was very quiet about his political stance, but he's constantly posting conservative speech that doesn't align with crowd funding his surgery. If he wants to be vocal, he needs to also listen.

Insurance would cost him more than 10k a year. So if he paid for the surgery out of pocket he'd probably still be ahead. (still stupid not to have insurance, WHEN he has a heart attack he'll need it).

But the UFC should pay for it... it was an on the job injury.

Fighters are independent contractors; not employees. Work comp only covers injuries if there is an employee/employer relationship.

Then you should pay for his hospital bill
I have enough of my own. Even paying $800 a month in insurance you still have a hefty as fuck bill to pay after surgery and treatment.

Considering the shit we're all going through at the moment, I don't know why you're rubbing his face in it. Really low class.

That guy made some serious money in his career, how do you not have some set aside for your health when you were that hard on yourself physically for all those years

My guess is that he has some money. But why use it when you feel the UFC should cover it.

[ ] "I know I got $200. But I want to spend Red's money. Whachu got on my forty, homie?"--Deebo, Friday
[x] "I know I got $10,000. But I want to spend UFC money. What you got on my arm repair, homie?"--Tim Sylvia, UFC

I have enough of my own. Even paying $800 a month in insurance you still have a hefty as fuck bill to pay after surgery and treatment.

Considering the shit we're all going through at the moment, I don't know why you're rubbing his face in it. Really low class.
He’s very against democratic policies which includes universal healthcare and he’s been very vocal about it, especially on Instagram but now he’s asking for a handout bc he can’t “afford it” when he just bought 2 brand new trucks within 2 months? GTFOH

Last edited:
If I were him, I would file a very simple lawsuit. UFC are used to people with elaborate accusations and excuses.

I would tell them to settle out of court, or we can play a video of the Mir match. A jury of "regular" people will give me more than the $10,000. Way more. Just seeing that.

First, it wouldn't be a jury trial. Second, you realize the video would be countered by a signed contract for that fight that likely indemnified the UFC from this sort of liability? So what's more powerful? A video of him getting his arm broken, which we already know? Or the fact that a grown man signed a contract that limited the UFC's liability for this sort of thing popping up a decade later?

I don't know how the UFC could get out of not paying for that legally. Unless there is much more to this story.
Why should they? They paid back then. You sue your employer when a hospital fucks up? Makes no sense at all.

Again Tim has made millions!

Back