Time Machine Mirror fight: "vs George Foreman vs"

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So, this is a new type of fantasy match up idea.

Come back foreman in his best performance
VS
Young foreman in his best performance

I've heard some people say that the improvement in his skill set made him a better fighter, idk if I completely agree with that, but what do you guys think?

maxresdefault.jpg
eef4cf868133a1dbf935488cbda349a2.jpg

images
f993c9b9662d9c4a8190de48cb660a92.jpg

I always thought comeback Foreman was pretty overrated. He beat one of the worst champs in history and got some questionable decisions. Can't imagine the guy who fought Alex Stewart and got outboxed by Tommy Morrison in there with anyone relevant.

I think he was a better/smarter fighter during his comeback, but the athleticism of his youth cannot be denied. Young Foreman was too much to handle.

On a side note, I think the Foreman who faced Moorer was already losing some of the pop on his punches by that point. I’d prefer the George that faced Adilson Rodriguez or even his loss against Evander Holyfield.

Young Foreman would have fared better against other competition, but I would favor old George head to head. OG was very patient and seemed to have n uncrckable chin. I could see YG burning himself out winging big shots and then fading and getting taken out late after he tired.

I always thought comeback Foreman was pretty overrated. He beat one of the worst champs in history and got some questionable decisions. Can't imagine the guy who fought Alex Stewart and got outboxed by Tommy Morrison in there with anyone relevant.
To be fair Tommy Morrison with an actual gas tank would've likely had an undefeated record with the exception of the Lewis fight

Old Foreman was a joke, its a nice tale for the yanks, but he was shit and was beaten by Tommy Morrison and Axel Shulz(regardless of what the cards said).

To be fair Tommy Morrison with an actual gas tank would've likely had an undefeated record with the exception of the Lewis fight

Or him being fucking battered by Mercer and Bent

Aside from stopping Moorer and becoming champ, I actually though that Foreman showed everyone he was something special, being as old as he was and taking a peak Holyfield the distance.

yes, we know seano, we know, find another dead horse to beat on would ya.

Old Foreman had an improved jab but parried a bit less, or at least less effectively. Young George kept his hands out waiting to pick off punches with his head moving behind it. Old man left his hands out in the same style and typically just ate what came his way. I think it looks a lot like Foreman vs Chuvalo with the older guy coming out on the losing end.

George was a bludgeoner all through his career. Wasn’t like he came back with some new tricks. Young George beats old George all day.

Young vs Old Floyd is an interesting question perhaps...

old george had a lot of determination, young george would try to take him out early and he'd fail, then it would be a matter of an exhausted young dumb fighter against an old fighter who paced himself much smarter and fought smarter but still didn't have an elite gas tank because he was old. The Holyfield fight and the Moorer fight he lost most rounds but he was working all throughout, he just couldn't match the pace of younger fighters.

George painted himself as a joke and he had clear limitations in his comeback but I don't get the hate for him, he actually did beat some pretty good fighters and contenders. Adilson Rodriquez and Coetzer weren't greats but decent world class fighters. You're average clubfighter wouldn't beat those guys in that fashion, or cooney.

Old George and Young George were two different fighters.

The guy was smart. He hired the ultimate old guy boxer to training him, Archie Moore. His crab defense worked.

I can't think of any other athlete that came back and complete changed his/her style the way Foreman did.

It would be like Mark Spitz coming back as a water polo player or Michael Jordan as a center.

yes, we know seano, we know, find another dead horse to beat on would ya.
The thread is about old George vs young George. Stay out of the thread if you cant take it.

The thread is about old George vs young George. Stay out of the thread if you cant take it.
I cant take it, that horse stinks to high heaven you need to be reported to the animal protective services

I cant take it, that horse stinks to high heaven you need to be reported to the animal protective services
You know deep down his comeback was sort of a circus.

Back