Tips Against Guys in a Bladed Stance Who lean back to avoid punches?

One of the best remedies for this is also elevation-changes. If he's trying to emulate Floyd Mayweather Jr., then he's standing stock still and turning side to side, keeping an eye on you to try and counter you. When he leans back his line of sight changes, and he has to look over his own shoulder to see you. So come in low. It'll be a lot harder to see you. That's what Jose Luis Castillo did to get Floyd Jr. to miss a lot of his counters in their first bout. He'd come in low, raise up to punch, then lower back down as the counters came. Floyd's positioning was poor to land cleanly on him because Castillo wasn't just leaning in at him, vulnerable to uppercuts or check-hooks the way everyone else usually is. And because he didn't pull straight back standing up, he wasn't vulnerable to counter rights either.

Good thing you told us about this.

Can't tell whether your serious or not :/ I thought someone would question the fact that were sparring outside. Sorry for the unneeded details bout goin to church and eating though.

That being said nas and Barrera seem to fit my situation well as well as Castillo vs mayweather , I rewatched that fight yesterday too and didn't understand how he was doing so well. Good eye sinister. Also thanks to everyone contributing the the thread I appreciate it a lot!

Back