Tired of "NFL is too dangerous" crowed

BRAIN_DONORS

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
This is an actual article on SI.com:
Despite Injuries on MNF, We Kept Watching. When Is It Enough?

At the end of the day, the NFL is a job for its players. There are plenty of professions that are much more dangerous than the NFL such as (deaths per 100k workers in 2013):
*Logging over 80
*Fisherman over 70
*Pilots over 50
*Roofers over 35
*Drivers over 20
*Construction over 20

Sure, the NFL is a job that millions of people watch while they work, but then again, nobody dies on the field either. Tired of sports reporters acting like the NFL is this dangerous profession. When you put it into perspective, it's pretty damn safe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...liest-jobs-in-america/?utm_term=.bc3c0776442f

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/05/ryan-shazier-injury-steelers-bengals-monday-night-football

I agree with efforts to make the sport safer, however at some point, this is a gladiator sport and you have to take it for what it is. In fact, the imminent danger is kinda what makes it exciting. The prospect of serious injury imo raises the stakes.

Gladiator is something that is within my tastes. I LIKE watching physical violence. A bunch of softies that can't handle it writing articles about how dangerous it is isn't going to get me to stop watching. And it most likely won't have any effect in the minds of viewers that share the same tastes as me. These sort or articles are effectively pointless, and only appeal to people that already don't like watching the sport.

Last edited:
I don't know about you, but that tweet from Brent Musberger was fucking hilarious.

People voluntarily playing a sport for millions of dollars and people expect the fans to do something about it?

If the players have a problem with the rules and game, they should be ones doing something about it.

Stop reading after "crowed".

The argument shouldn't be the NFL is "too dangerous" rather the NFL is too "boring and gutter shit".

Crowed

J5av6.gif

sports writers are no longer satisfied just discussing games and athletes.

they feel the need to pontificate and agonize over the philosophical finer points of athletics

and the unfortunate consequences that sometimes occur.

I don’t really understand where the ts is going with this. I don’t think people are actively doing anything to try and shut down the nfl as opposed to encourage player safety and awareness for parents and young adults. It’s entertaining as hell to watch(unlike roofing and fishing). And just because people aren’t dying doesn’t mean it’s not dangerous lmao.

sports writers are no longer satisfied just discussing games and athletes.

they feel the need to pontificate and agonize over the philosophical finer points of athletics

and the unfortunate consequences that sometimes occur.
More pontificating equates to more clicks and twitter followers. More clicks mean more money.

This is an actual article on SI.com:
Despite Injuries on MNF, We Kept Watching. When Is It Enough?

At the end of the day, the NFL is a job for its players. There are plenty of professions that are much more dangerous than the NFL such as (deaths per 100k workers in 2013):
*Logging over 80
*Fisherman over 70
*Pilots over 50
*Roofers over 35
*Drivers over 20
*Construction over 20

Sure, the NFL is a job that millions of people watch while they work, but then again, nobody dies on the field either. Tired of sports reporters acting like the NFL is this dangerous profession. When you put it into perspective, it's pretty damn safe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...liest-jobs-in-america/?utm_term=.bc3c0776442f

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/05/ryan-shazier-injury-steelers-bengals-monday-night-football

Near 40% is believed will suffer from CTE. You can't just look at deaths.

Like a Boss..

7db7929c0ecca27ee4141735fcafec9c
That shit was horrendous. He had no business going back in and whoever sent him back in should get an ass kicking. DUDE HAD A FUCKING SEIZURE.

That shit was horrendous. He had no business going back in and whoever sent him back in should get an ass kicking. DUDE HAD A FUCKING SEIZURE.

When I saw that I was like WTF?!?!?! Couldn't believe dude went back in the game...

When I saw that I was like WTF?!?!?! Couldn't believe dude went back in the game...
That's one instance where I am fully on board the "NFL needs to figure this shit out" bandwagon. Dude looked like he got rocked by Tyson, has a seizure on the sideline and GOES BACK IN?!

Like, hockey is known for this. There was one guy whose fucking HEART STOPPED on the bench and when he came to was like "put me in coach!". Bruins had a dude break his femur and he finished his shift but a seizure when your league is under scrutiny for concussions and the after effects of said things? Whoever let Savage go back in should get shit canned.

Back