Title fights where a fighter beat a significantly younger opponent (5 years or more)

Megalodon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What are some title fights where this happened?

A lot of the time it seems like that if two championship level fighters with a significant age difference fight each other, the younger fighter will win.

Off the top of my head I can think of Bisping/Rockhold 2 and Dillashaw/Cody.

Any others?

As you all know im a time-traveler so my favorite one is Conor McGregor Jr vs Erick Silva . Was cool to see the 40 year old Conor Mcgregor Jr beat the young 19-year old erick silva

randy-couture_tim-sylvia.gif

Werdum vs Cain
Randy vs Chuck
Randy vs Tito
Randy vs Vitor
Randy vs Sylvia
Randy vs Rizzo
Hendo vs Wand

DJ over Ray Borg.

Different sport but Foreman vs. Moorer was a huge difference. George truly sonned him.

Last edited:
My first thought was Randy vs anyone he beat.

Miletich had 14 years on Alessio and he made Alessio look silly.
DC had 11 years on Volkan.

What are some title fights where this happened?

A lot of the time it seems like that if two championship level fighters with a significant age difference fight each other, the younger fighter will win.

Off the top of my head I can think of Bisping/Rockhold 2 and Dillashaw/Cody.

Any others?
Beast Severn, won @ 53 yrs old...vs Scott Fraser (23)...

Elite-1 MMA Heavyweight Title

Last edited:
Coleman "beat" Shogun who was 17 years younger.

The title of this thread should just be, “Randy Couture is a Tough Old Bastard”

Gsp was REALLY young in that fight, and presumably why he lost. He got that title shot pretty quickly and was winning until his inexperience caused him to loose.

Probably better for him if he did though, he learned from it.

If he had held on for a few more seconds and not tapped and came back strong again in the next round and won, he might not have learned as much from it and his second run for the title and not had the career he did

Back