Tito Ortiz: ‘I think I could beat Jon Jones’

TMZ Sports asked just that to Ortiz in a recent chat, asking if he’d like a go at UFC light heavyweight champ and current consensus GOAT Jon Jones.

”I’d give a go at it,” Ortiz replied. “I mean, I wouldn’t say I’d win but I’d give it a go. Come on, why wouldn’t I?”

”I think I could beat Jon Jones,” he said. “I think I got a good chance. I really do think I got a good chance. And people say ‘Oh Tito, bullshit, you’re over the hill, whatever. Come to my camp. Come train with me. Come wrestle with me. Come do jiujitsu with me. Watch my weight training, watch my biking and my stairs that I do. I push myself harder than I’ve pushed myself my entire career. I’m doing amazing. My mind is just in the right place and my body is in the right place.”

Since coming out of retirement in 2017, Ortiz’s ganked over body has somehow held up surprisingly well.

”When you don’t have a L45S1 bulging, a ruptured disc, a ruptured disc in your neck or a torn ACL and all these little damages that you have and try to get through camp,” Ortiz said in his typically garbled Tito-speak. “You gotta understand, through 2006 to 2012 I went through camps of training for 3 days and then taking 4 days off. Only thing that made me survive those draws and split decisions I lost was being up at altitude. That was the only thing that kept me alive because I had cardio.

“And I was in such bad damage, my body was in a bad place. Especially with my ex that I was with, she was telling me what a horrible person I was and a horrible father. And that just eats you alive in general. But now I’m just on a different level, completely.”

As for what the gameplan would be against Jones?

”Presure,” Ortiz declared. “Pressure pressure pressure pressure.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

The only thing worse than Tito saying this is someone was pathetic enough to post it here. :(

This bothers me significantly less than Chuck saying he could beat Mike Tyson in a street fight.
Why?

Chuck wrestled overeem

He'd just take him down immediately and its done.

Tyson would have a punchers chance

Maybe at checkers Tito. He would annihilate you bud

Beat Jones at what? Because it certainly wouldn't be fighting

Laugh all you want but pre-cracked skull Tito is probably the only guy who could take one of JJ's hellbows and live to tell about it.

Tito´s t-rex arms against Bones gibbon arms? Pressure Bones? Some standing elbows and some kicks to the knee´s and the fight is over. He didn´t even need punches to finish the fight.
No way Tito, not even in your prime! And that was 15 years ago.... I don´t like Jones und would love if he gets beaten up by a better guy. But thats not Tito for sure.
Tito was always over the hill with his talking, but that is complete nonsens.

Shock news, a fighter says he could possibly beat another fighter. What else would people expect him to say?

2005-2006 Tito would not have a chance let alone 2019 version.

Man, he’s absolutely terrible at saying words.

I would hope he'd say that. Gee imagine these pro fighters having a winning mindset or something. Of course he won't like all the others who thought they would beat King Jon

That's not a winning mindset, that's being delusional

I mean...its a fight so anything can happen

What if jones takes him to lightly and loses..

Wouldn't be the first time a huge underdog wins in combat sports..

See buster douglas vs mike tyson

ETC

TMZ Sports asked just that to Ortiz in a recent chat, asking if he’d like a go at UFC light heavyweight champ and current consensus GOAT Jon Jones.

”I’d give a go at it,” Ortiz replied. “I mean, I wouldn’t say I’d win but I’d give it a go. Come on, why wouldn’t I?”

”I think I could beat Jon Jones,” he said. “I think I got a good chance. I really do think I got a good chance. And people say ‘Oh Tito, bullshit, you’re over the hill, whatever. Come to my camp. Come train with me. Come wrestle with me. Come do jiujitsu with me. Watch my weight training, watch my biking and my stairs that I do. I push myself harder than I’ve pushed myself my entire career. I’m doing amazing. My mind is just in the right place and my body is in the right place.”

Since coming out of retirement in 2017, Ortiz’s ganked over body has somehow held up surprisingly well.

”When you don’t have a L45S1 bulging, a ruptured disc, a ruptured disc in your neck or a torn ACL and all these little damages that you have and try to get through camp,” Ortiz said in his typically garbled Tito-speak. “You gotta understand, through 2006 to 2012 I went through camps of training for 3 days and then taking 4 days off. Only thing that made me survive those draws and split decisions I lost was being up at altitude. That was the only thing that kept me alive because I had cardio.

“And I was in such bad damage, my body was in a bad place. Especially with my ex that I was with, she was telling me what a horrible person I was and a horrible father. And that just eats you alive in general. But now I’m just on a different level, completely.”

As for what the gameplan would be against Jones?

”Presure,” Ortiz declared. “Pressure pressure pressure pressure.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Been saying shit like this for years

I mean...its a fight so anything can happen

What if jones takes him to lightly and loses..

Wouldn't be the first time a huge underdog wins in combat sports..

See buster douglas vs mike tyson

ETC
Buster Douglas > Titi Ortiz

Back