Media TJ Dillashaw says Song Yadong will "probably never be a champion". Also thinks Sandhagen is a tougher fight for O'Malley than Merab is

He's not wrong about Yadonh, it seems hes been distracted by extra curricular activities rather than training and grinding it out in the gym. If you follow his instagram, he's basically in China partying it up with some rich influence looking types.

TJ: "I think Song's probably never be a champion, don't mean to talk shit."

TJ's criticisms, after watching Song vs Yan at UFC 299 (4:08 to 7:05):

-"He doesn't have that dog in him"
-Gets tired in a three-round fight. Would be "screwed" in a five-round fight
-"Almost too jacked", "too much muscle mass on his frame"
-Throws too many power punches, which combines with the muscle mass to make him tired
-Doesn't throw striking feints
-No sense of urgency in getting up when taken down, "lays on his back"
-Says Song would be better doing more long-distance running, like the Diaz bros

Is he right about Song?

Sandhagen (10:08 to 11:15):
-Thinks "Sandhagen hadn't fully grown into who he is now" when he lost to Yan
-Thinks Cory beats Petr Yan "9/10 times"
-Thinks Cory beats O'Malley, because he's too dynamic for O'Malley to successfully use his footwork and feints
-Thinks O'Malley won't fight Cory
-Merab has a good chance too, but you know his gameplan (desperate for a takedown, can throw knees up the middle). With Cory you don't know what he's gonna do.

Is he right about Sandhagen and O'Malley?

- Jaxxon podcast

I think so too

Well, TJ is pretty much right.
I don't think Cory beats Yan 9 out of 10, but Cory is underrated.

TBF TJ said the same thing about O'malley, said he'd never win a title look at him now.

TBF very, very few people (fans and fighters) saw O'malley becoming a champion.

Fighter takes are worthless.

He's only saying that because Cory was his teammate and they are on good terms and he's bashing Song because he's at team alpha male.

TJ is one of the most overrated voices in MMA. No idea why anyone would want to talk to the guy that hit pads on a fucking TSA luggage escalator. That is only the tip of his iceberg in his clownery.
He was having some fun bud. TJ’s fight IQ is insane

Fighter takes are worthless.

He's only saying that because Cory was his teammate and they are on good terms and he's bashing Song because he's at team alpha male.
that doesnt make anything he said wrong

I’ve been saying for a while I’d love a sandhagen vs O’Malley match

Edit: side note. Also wonder how many of the folk in here who harp on tj non stop for his epo ped use are pro Jon jones.

Back