Today 14yrs ago: Pride Final Conflict 2004

You’re right, my mistake. Kaz had that blue gi top with shorts.
Don’t ever question my Pride knowledge.
Aswq.gif

I was so convinced that Sergei was on track to be top 3 hw ever.

I think they are kinda trying to tell a story with their posters...
Its not like UFC event posters, where they just basicly telling you who is fighting...and you know whats up by just passing by...
But those Pride posters kinda forced you to look closley and think about what is going on...just like we are doing here...they gain more attraction because you actually look close...

Those are the 3 GP posters:
Total Elemination
View attachment 422023
Critical Countdown
View attachment 422025
Final Conflict
View attachment 422021

What i see is:
A fighter with a Pride glove, aiming at "you"...which probably means something powerful, strong and violent is about to happen or about to start...
And a butterfly on top of the glove...butterfly probably stands for something beautiful

So, i would think they are trying to let us know, that something powerful, strong and violent is about to start...that is beautiful at the same time..

Then i see footprints...
Which probably means that there is a clear path/a direction/a goal at the end...the path probably stands for the advancing fighters...
And a skeleton...which probably stands for the fighters that lost, since the path next to it, is passing by it...

And here we go...
Now i see a tittay...and a baby...
Probably means a new life or something new is about to be born or a new era...

Since it is the poster for the finals...
The Baby probably stands for a new, to be crowned king (GP Champ)...

Maybe the tittay stands for the GP himself...?

Who fucking knows dude...

Tell me that baby doesn't look exactly like Fedor.

(All babies look like Fedor.)

that was a bad ass fight card. I won't rewatch it so not to ruin my romanticized memory of pride

Great thread ts. Makes me wanna rewatch some pride

Don’t ever question my Pride knowledge.
Aswq.gif
Man, I would have bet hard cash that was Yoshida. Like a Mandela Effect thing. I had that whole fight remembered as Yoshida, not just that sequence. Thinking back harder I remember the second fight went to a decision with Yoshida getting a good position on Wand on the mat at the end. I'm going crazy.

Back