Today's interview with Fedor - about his brother, upcoming fight, etc

maximmm

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

I dunno if it's the longest interview but.... but it touched upon some controversial themes, so kudos to the interviewer.
The bits about the upcoming fight were boring.... He likes Jackson as a person -
There was a bit about testing in Bellator and how some people claim that there's very little if any testing done in Bellator - he said he's always being tested before and after the fight by the commission, though no out of fight testing has been done in Russia.

There was a bit about the Russian media - he said he had a few interviews with Russian media in the past and his words were changed, taken out of context, etc - he prefers not to give interviews to the Russian media for that reason.

Then they talked about his brother and this bit I found particularly interesting because Fedor hasn't been very open to discussions about Alexander
Fedor said he saw Alexander's most recent fight, but it wasn't sport - it was more like anti-sport. He said he'd compare it to circus, but such comparison would have been offensive to the circus (alas, hasn't he been in a few circus fights himself?).
All in all.... while there is word that his brother is going straight, Fedor doesn't buy it. To him, Alexander is dead (his words). For Fedor to change his mind, he said his brother should first make amends with all of the people he's raped, stole money from, lied to, etc. Only then is he going to recognize that Alexander is starting to straighten out his life and his lifestyle.

I don't agree that Fedor has been involved in circus fights

His brothers latest boxing match was worse than any serious mma that Fedor has had imo.

Last edited:
surprised he's talking about Alecks. not surprised at what he says about him though.

Wow. A very open interview from Fedor.
Aside from what maximmm wrote there are some great news about Fedor's health. He said that he underwent a knee surgery after his last fight and feels much better hence the pics from training without knee wraps.
Seems like he's fairly motivated to keep fighting still. Says that yes, money is a factor but that he loves his job.
Was a bit shocked about his statement regarding Alex but after hearing his explanation and story tale about two brothers I feel like that "dead" thing is more spiritual than anything else. As if Alex is "dead" but he can come back. and he waits from him to come back to the living.
I really hope they make amends and resolve their problems and differences.
They make each other better when they are together. They make a great team.

All in all Fedor seems in a good place from what I can see in this video after watching him for years. It seems to me as if he's more open and more accepting of things and not as recluse.
I have a feeling that it's going to be a great fight actually and will suprise fans.
2 days to go! <Moves>

Last edited:
Great and unusually open interview, thanks for posting this.
Fedor = GOAT fighter and a humble human being.

Wow this interview was raw af and Fedor kept it 100. The fact that he had knee surgery immediately after the Bader fight puts into perspective what kind of injuries he was dealing with during his Bellator HWGP run. He was wearing a knee wrap in both of his training camps for Mir and Sonnen. What an animal and absolute legend. The GOAT.

Fedor for ever my favorite

Long live the Last Russian Emperor

Talking of Alex hes going to be fighting the leader of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov according to his Facebook page.
wonder what Fedor will think of that.

Well - I am now starting to understand Fedor's words about Alex.

Here is an interview with Alexander E. from 5 days ago -

He sounds half drunk -
They talked about his cars - he got 2 Mercedes cars - both are gifts from the Chechnyan prez -
They talked about the rape - he said he was in prison but not for rape. He doesn't hold it against his accuser though - (probably because he's on TV).
The very cringy interviewer asked him what is one thing he feels ashamed for the most in what he's done in his life - he says he doesn't feel ashamed about anything he's said or done in the past.
He says among all things, religion is the most important thing for him (bullshit).
He says he only drank 3 times in the past year, but because he is Emelianenko, every time he drinks, it gets shown on TV (haha).

Now I kind of get why Fedor doesn't buy the whole 'Alex is going straight' notion. According to Alex, he's done no wrong and all accusations of wrongdoing are all bullshit, aimed at him because of his last name.

The funniest bit was his description of what happened when he got caught drunk in his car by the police - supposedly cops saw him sleeping in his car drunk, started asking for ID, etc - because they figured they could get a lot of money because he was sitting in an expensive mercedes (his words). Alex was innocent, because he said he was sitting in the passenger seat - and the driver was someone else, who was elsewhere at that moment. Then people started gathering. He said, he didn't drunk drive - he just drove off 200 meters because the crowd there was getting too big. FACEPALM

Wow. A very open interview from Fedor.
Aside from what maximmm wrote there are some great news about Fedor's health. He said that he underwent a knee surgery after his last fight and feels much better hence the pics from training without knee wraps.
Seems like he's fairly motivated to keep fighting still. Says that yes, money is a factor but that he loves his job.
Was a bit shocked about his statement regarding Alex but after hearing his explanation and story tale about two brothers I feel like that "dead" thing is more spiritual than anything else. As if Alex is "dead" but he can come back. and he waits from him to come back to the living.
I really hope they make amends and resolve their problems and differences.
They make each other better when they are together. They make a great team.

All in all Fedor seems in a good place from what I can see in this video after watching him for years. It seems to me as if he's more open and more accepting of things and not as recluse.
I have a feeling that it's going to be a great fight actually and will suprise fans.
2 days to go! <Moves>

Yep - thanks for adding that. Also, i found it interesting that he said he used to run 20KM per day as part of his training, but these days he runs only 10KM/day. Hmm... given his endurance issues that I've noticed in his recent fights, where he'd start to gasp for air in the first round, I'm thinking he should, if possible, get back to the 20KM/day routine - but.... the fact is, he is a a brawler now, so I'm thinking he doesn't even consider the possibility of a fight going for the whole 15 minutes these days. In the past, he was a very methodical demolition expert - and his endurance in the early fights was rather incredible, where even after 20 minutes, he he had plenty of energy in his gas tank.

Yep - thanks for adding that. Also, i found it interesting that he said he used to run 20KM per day as part of his training, but these days he runs only 10KM/day. Hmm... given his endurance issues that I've noticed in his recent fights, where he'd start to gasp for air in the first round, I'm thinking he should, if possible, get back to the 20KM/day routine - but.... the fact is, he is a a brawler now, so I'm thinking he doesn't even consider the possibility of a fight going for the whole 15 minutes these days. In the past, he was a very methodical demolition expert - and his endurance in the early fights was rather incredible, where even after 20 minutes, he he had plenty of energy in his gas tank.

He doenst run 20km anymore because hes 43.

Aleksander responds on his Instagram:

"People keep asking me what my response is to Fedor after what he said about me in his recent interview. Well, If I'm dead to you then go put up a candle in church in prayer for your dead brother. Mom, sister and younger brother know very well what kind of person you are. Shut your mouth and dont talk about me if I'm dead to you. Go pray to your god."

Also referred to Fedor as "Fedot"

Not sure what that means but this is getting ugly.

Well I don't think there are many fighters over 40 who run 10km per day. These are good numbers. And I feel like with his knee being better now we'll see a little fresher Fedor.
The fight will of course. I'll be rooting for our boy Fedya.

"People keep asking me what my response is to Fedor after what he said about me in his recent interview. Well, If I'm dead to you then go put up a candle in church in prayer for your dead brother. Mom, sister and younger brother know very well what kind of person you are. Shut your mouth and dont talk about me if I'm dead to you. Go pray to your god."

They are setting up a brother vs brother fight afer Fedor is done with Rampage.

Haha - the soap opera continues. I don't believe a word Alex says - especially after that interview I had posted earlier. But.... Fedor has at times pretended to be ignorant as well - so, I dunno how much faith I have in his words either - more than Alex, yes, but.... I mean, prior to the Bader fight he said he continued to fight in order to bring greatness to Russia, or something along those lines. Meanwhile, I'm thinking... dude, you are getting KO'd left and right, what greatness are you talking about? Then, a while back he was asked why he no longer grapples in his fights. He said, he trains the same way as he had before, it just so happens that there aren't many opportunities to grapple in his fights these days. I call total bull on that - either his training has changed (it definitely has, since he changed his training camps during the late Pride days - not long before he turned into a brawler). Or he has an injury of some sort which prevents him from grappling effectively - either way, he was bullshitting with that reply.

It does seem like the two brothers won't be getting over the feud anytime soon - in fact, I suspect their relationship is now in a permanent freeze until one of them passes away. Still, I will say this - Fedor talks like a normal dude, while Alex.... has that Moscow dialect of the ex-cons - it sounds vulgar and obnoxious.

Back