Toe fungus

Hugh10

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Has anyone here trained with someone that has a toenail fungus.? I have one on my big toe but I really want to train but I want to wait until it's gone. Does it matter to you guys is the question? Don't bash me

You have my blessing, as long as you only go for gogoplatas and only on the fungi side.

But in all honesty I should just wait it out right? I keep reading of ppl who don't care they still train but I'm guessing they are comfortable and the ppl they train with are too?

I have used this product before to ward off Ringworm/ help treat.

XUHWrzy.jpg

L6ebjdn.jpg

I sure you already know this but make sure your socks are clean and dry. If this means you need to change socks halfway through the day then do it.
You have to wash your socks in hot water.

I have used this product before to ward off Ringworm/ help treat.

XUHWrzy.jpg

L6ebjdn.jpg

I sure you already know this but make sure your socks are clean and dry. If this means you need to change socks halfway through the day then do it.
You have to wash your socks in hot water.

Thanks! I'm going to give it a try

I was playing soccer and broke part of my nail off happened when it grew back

This is currently the state of it

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    712 KB · Views: 18
It's somewhat contagious although most people with healthy nails won't get it. I'd act as it it were a verruca - sticky plaster tape covering it properly and then a sock on top and you're safe to grapple. Get neoprene grappling socks which have the advantages of being both grippy and much more waterproof (less chance of spreading anything). It's not in the same class as ringworm. If you wear them on both feet it looks less suspicious!

For treating it - don't waste time with natural remedies. Some nail infections can be very hard to kill off. So it's best to hit it hard and fast with proper, paint-on nail infection treatments. If it's a tough one you'll need doctors prescriptions, maybe a course of tablets. I'm not joking, I've known people to have these and they've failed to kill them off for over a year!

Check out: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fungal-nail-infection/Pages/Treatment.aspx - for treatment options, including some manual stuff you can do yourself.

Toe nail fungus is incredibly difficult to get rid of. All of your topical, homeopathic treatments will most likely not work--many just cosmetically "cover up" the nail, making it look better but in reality they don't do anything. All that I know of that will get rid of toe nail fungus are powerful anti-fungal medications that require a doctor's prescription. These medications can be hard on your kidneys and/or liver and most likely you would have to take them regularly for several months--even then they may not be successful.

Personally I could care less if someone has toe nail fungus. It is pretty common and not easily contagious provided you aren't sharing your socks with someone or lending them your toe nail clippers after you used them. I'd be much more worried about rolling with someone with untrimmed nails, rashes, skin infections or open sores.

Back