Tokyo Vice HBO Max

I like fringe a lot. Or at least did when it came out. I have to re watch it again.

I feeL like netflix is in a slump right now. But it has seinfeld so I keep it
fringe is one of those shows I'll always revisit. like eureka or tng.

agreed on Netflix feeling slumpy right now.

Episode 4 and 5 were great. Show is hitting its stride now.

Didnt read the book but how legit was this Adelstien guy? It seems like his story portrays him as this American dude who went over to japan, instantly started "changing the game", is liked by everyone even yakuza, chills in the coolest places and easily games chicks.

I mean, it makes for a good story so who cares I guess.
I finished ep 4 earlier today, really digging it. I reluctant to watch 5 as I prefer to watch at least 2 at a time.

So is this based on a true story? I don't want to look it up to avoid possible spoilers.

I finished ep 4 earlier today, really digging it. I reluctant to watch 5 as I prefer to watch at least 2 at a time.

So is this based on a true story? I don't want to look it up to avoid possible spoilers.

It's based on book yeah

Didnt read the book but how legit was this Adelstien guy? It seems like his story portrays him as this American dude who went over to japan, instantly started "changing the game", is liked by everyone even yakuza, chills in the coolest places and easily games chicks.

Do you believe that guy is capable of any of those things? That's my only gripe for the show. He just seems poorly cast.

I was expecting Adelstein and Sato to have sex after they left the club.

Do you believe that guy is capable of any of those things? That's my only gripe for the show. He just seems poorly cast.

I dont mind the casting i guess but its not like he nails the role. I think Daniel Radcliffe was supposed to play the role originally.

I dont mind the casting i guess but its not like he nails the role. I think Daniel Radcliffe was supposed to play the role originally.
I think Harry Potter actually looks tougher than the fella playing Jake.

I really like this show. We need more shows about Yakuza.

Just seems like a normal likeable guy.

One yakuza guy likes him and some cops like him. Only cool place he has been was with the yakuza guy, and the other place he literally has to pay for women to talk to him. Dude hasn't been laid by anyone but a prostitute.

I really like this show. We need more shows about Yakuza.

Just seems like a normal likeable guy.

One yakuza guy likes him and some cops like him. Only cool place he has been was with the yakuza guy, and the other place he literally has to pay for women to talk to him. Dude hasn't been laid by anyone but a prostitute.

The literal boss of the yakuza liked him. Also I dont think the chick he hooked up with was a prostitute unless I missed something.

I read the book a few years back and have no interest in the show as it seems like a highly dramatized and unrealistic version. From the book you can tell adelstein has a high opinion of himself but the show looks like pure masturbation.

Yea, after he got the info for him lol.

I only remember him banging that japanese girl. The Yakuza guy paid her then she gave Jake her hooker business card.

I missed that I'll watch it again but I'm pretty sure he asked her on a second date

Back