Media Tom Aspinall Calls Cain Velasquez "Best & Favorite" Heavyweight MMA Fighter EVER - Hints At Fighting In Manchester

He seems to have all the tools for sure. Just wondering how legit his cardio and TDD are against strong wrestling.

Even ate a bomb from Pavlovich like nothing, so he def got a chin.

Hard to say because we haven't seen him go beyond 6 mins in a fight in the UFC. Most of his fights pre and in the UFC have ended in round 1. And we haven't seen him fight a wrestler, only guy who tried to take him down was Spivac and that didn't go well. Guess we'll have both questions answered if he fights Blaydes and then Jones.

Cain is the Usman of HW, beating same guys over and over

Cain was a joy to watch in his prime, impressive. Anybody knows how is he doing now?

Cain is the Usman of HW, beating same guys over and over
Kongo, Rothwell, Minotauro, Brawk, JDS, Bigfoot, Browne. Out of the 7 names I listed he only rematched two guys.

To me Cain had the most potential. But he destroyed his body training recklessly. His record is very decent but nowhere as good as it should have been.

I don't think his standing defense was all that great but that's me.
Cain's overall defense was fine but he tended to close the distance recklessly with his chin in the air. It almost cost him against Kongo. Ngannou has shown us how it is done.

The so-called best HW :

The fight literally lasted 26 seconds... even worse than Ngannou vs Joshua.

There's no excuse for such a destruction... out of prime or not, there's no excuse for not even lasting 30 fucking seconds in the cage.

No to mention that his so-called prime was without USADA.

Ngannou is the best HW in the UFC, he litterally destroyed everybody outside of Lewis : i mean no close fight, he litterally destroyed all the so-called legends, basically the same way Jon Jones destroyed Gane.

I'm not sure if he's the overall HW GOAT, but I would probably say that at his peak, he was the UFC HW GOAT. Not great defense though and a bit chinny which resulted in him getting caught sometimes.

Casuals will bring up the Kongo fight, but fail to realize he only had a few pro fights at that point, and was obviously a very green striker compared to his prime. While Kongo was an MMA vet with an accomplished Kickboxing/Muay Thai career, Cain still won 30-27.

You basically need a good punchers chance, or catch him unacclimated in order to beat him.
Kongo landed a big punch, aside from that Caim was way better. Kongo was extremely overrated because of his looks, when in fact he was a plodding wall and stall knee to the nuts unathletic fighter.

Big Country was way more explosive than him.

Fedor is almost universally considered the HW GOAT & I agree. There is a difference between that vs saying prime for prime, Cain could/would beat Fedor. I think prime Cain was possibly the best HW ever, meaning I think he'd be 50% or higher to win vs any prime HW, that's not a outrageous take. I'd say Cain/Fedor was maybe 50/50

While I agree that Cain is an incredible fighter, I'm sorry, IMO if you don't think Fedor is the best HW of all time, you're doing it wrong.

Back